VH-1 Bands Reuinited

Randy

I see this new show on VH-1,where they go out and talk to all the band members and try to convince them to get together for a rehersal and play just one show. It's kind of cool. If they could convince EC, Wally ,Dave and Jim -hell would freeze over and pigs would start flying. But it's worth a try. How about a mass e-mail to VH-1 to see if we could get it off the ground?

Hey Randy - I can't believe I didn't automatically think of the Raspberries when I saw the show. My husband and I are hooked. It is very interesting to see where all the band members are now and almost painful to see some of the reunions. The universal component to all the ones I've seen (I think there's only been three or four so far) is that at least one member was completely unaware of how their behavior badly affected another band member.

I vote "Yes" and I'll supply the Raspberries album they are all supposed to sign!

(of course, the album does not become permanent property of VH1 or its parent companies. All rights reserved!) laugh

Annie

C'mon fellow EC and Raspberrie fans....I saw Randy's post and it is already buried five pages in on vh1.com. I just posted to put it to the top, but we need help on there to make them take notice. Everybody register and at least add to the thread. Even if the guys won't do it, wouldn't it be great to see WHY???????????

Disagree....In the past, the reason they haven't gotten together is because no one can agree on who should get what royalties from thirty years ago. This show is asking them to get together for one night and one night only (hey, if more happens, great). Appearing on the show would only help promote their solo projects, too, by getting people aware of what they are now doing. There have been several bands that you never would have thought would perform again and yet, when the question got proposed to them on this program, they gave in and played...if for no other reason, for their fans!

Even if the members did get together, not all

tv stations get VH-1,

And there are a lot of Raspberries fans and Eric

Carmen fans in areas, that cannot get VH-1

So, people would be requesting a either a clip to watch it here on the site or a song sample from the show.

The questions also, do you have a copy on video to sell.

The arrangement to show on a regular channel would be the proper and also money to add at a high cost.

I thought the show was interesting. One guy had trouble with his ears and could no longer play sax, but he agreed to be there. I can hardly imagine the strang looks on all the guys' faces, though, when presented with this one. Would I love to see them do it? Does McDonalds have golden arches, is there a Friday in every week?!

Of course I would! But there would be some strange expressions on the faces of the band members...

smile --Darlene

The biggest hurdle facing such a thing happening for The Raspberries would be that VH1 and the show's producers caring about the band. Since the show was created by Richard Blade (whose concept of classic pop is Duran Duran and Depeche Mode) it's extremely doubtful they'd give toss for any band from the early '70s (i.e. Mott The Hoople) that are ripe for a one-off reformation.

Steve-O: Thanks for joining in! I firmly believe this will happen. VH1 first did their "I Love the 80's Show" and then followed it with "I Love the 70's", so I have to believe they will consider doing the same with this Reunited show.

There probably aren't too many full bands that CAN be reunited from the 70's, so if we keep pressing, they have to take notice, I say!

VH1 is clearly aware of Eric, as he was on one of their "Where are they now" shows, if you recall. I still don't get why they never rerun THAT one. Every other show on there, you see hundreds of times.

I have to admit I'm somewhat hooked on this show. I especially like the "breaking and entering" style of the interviews where each bandmember is essentially mugged by the camera crew. It's fun to watch. I'd love to see the Raspberries reunited for any excuse but it appears that VH-1 has been focusing on bands that broke up during the network's lifespan which usually means featuring groups from the '80s and '90s.

Bernie

I'll hold out hopes that vh1 will pursue a Raspberries reunion. Like Bernie, I was hooked and tuned in for every episode--even the ones on bands I had no idea of, like Dramarama and Klymaxx, were interesting. I was disappointed to find that the two bands I was most interested in, Extreme and Squeeze, couldn't even get together on camera, let alone perform. But this does show that if they did a Razz episode and the band refused to meet and/or play, they'd still air it. Other reasons I hold (faint) hope for a Raspberries episode:

1) Bad breakup equals great drama--and few bands can top the Eric vs. Wally fist fight

2) VH1 does skew 1970s too--maybe not for this round of shows, but "I Love the 70s" has been a big hit along with the 80s series--so much so that two new shows, the weeklong review and the movie secrets, are modeled on their format. So the 70s works for vh1 too. So don't count them out!

3) Interesting "where are they now" stories--the show thrives on what the former rockers are doing now, such as Extreme bassist Pat Badger's llama farm or the Dramarama guitarist who drives a tractor. Wally, Jim and Dave all have done cool things since their heyday.

4) A dedicated fan base--In all of the episodes, there were loyal fans who came to the reunion concerts (which, as I understand it, were free and only consisted of the couple of songs aired) . Which one of us wouldn't do anything to see that performance?

5) They've tried it before--The Kajagoogoo ep showed that vh1 is open to bands who've tried to reunite and it didn't work out, like our boys did a few years back.

6) The show's a hit--it was well-reviewed, got lots of media attention, and probably rated well for the channel, so there are more on the way, I'll bet.

Which means they'll need bands to profile.

Which means they may run down the list of bands requested on the vh1 website.

Which means they may help us "Go All the Way" one more time.