Anybody else?

Kirk

I appear to have some kind of concert postpartum thing going on. After all the build up and energy that went into it, and then the unbelievable concert, I've lost a little air in my balloon. I wonder if it's happened to anyone else? I haven't seen much from popdude, lately. Hmmm. The other thing is, my ears haven't stopped ringing, yet. I figured a couple of days and I'd be back to normal. Here it is a week later, and it's still the same. If they had done the San Diego concert, I probably wouldn't have been able to listen to it. I even had ear plugs in my pocket, but didn't use them. Not good. Kirk.

Kirk you're certainly not alone. I think we've all gone through similar concert post-partums after each of the shows. I know the day after that first show last November and after the shows in NY, my exhilaration was being overcome by a very sad feeling. As you say, so many months (years) of build-up and excitement gone in a matter of hours, leaving you wondering and hoping for more.

Marv

I think these are good reasons that having a DVD of the concerts is important -- great for the fans who have not experienced a Raspberries show yet and fantastic for the lucky people who went -- they can re-live the shows over and over. Of course not the same as being there but it sure would keep you up until the next tour/show.

Keep our fingers crossed for a CD from the LA show. Then... go out and buy a nice surround sound system with GREAT subs. Your old stereo is not going to get it. Then... sit in the middle of it, turn it up. Either close your eyes and imagine... or get that fabulous book "Raspberries Tonight" and browse through it as the music rocks you soul. And hope the neighbors don't call the police.

Gene has great advice. Kirk, are you sure you're not confusing a "spaced-out feeling because you're "somewhere else" with sadness? I was absolutely "spaced-out" for a week before I came down the first time.

If you're "sad," it's because you fear you won't get to hear them again. Your mind is running way ahead. (It was so thrilled during the concert, it's already worried it won't get any more of that.)

Relax--it's here for a long time. Everyone feels a bit panicky because there are no HOB concerts scheduled at the moment. What we have to remember is that *there were no Raspberries concerts scheduled for over 30 years*--HOB or anywhere, but we've just had a whole YEAR of them. Relax and have faith. They've played, and they've realized, just like I knew they would, that they LOVED it more than anything else! They're not gonna quit. They just need to figure out what avenue will keep it going the longest.

As for your ears, get them checked out. I have a slight ringing in my ears from the years during the '70s when I was close to speakers by the stage for local rock bands. Your ears are probably just temporarily overloaded, but if there is a problem, don't worry. I really panicked when mine first started, because of my violin playing, but one gets used to it. It subsides into the background after a couple of weeks, and I don't even notice it 98% of the time. In fact, the only time I do notice it is right after I practice, if my violin is being particularly resonant, or I've practiced for a long time. Then I really notice that they ring, but after a short time, it subsides into oblivion.

smile --Darlene

I got it too, Kirk. I feel some sort of emptiness without another show to look forward to. I actually need a break since when there is an upcoming show, I get negligent and fall behind on things. Going through withdrawls, need a fix of berries.

New lyrics for old song-

"Darlene, I was feeling something missing from my life"

Never say "never," guys. Just look at how far we've come! Believe me, this isn't the end.

Raspberrymaniacs are amazing--they're either sky-high (anticipating and during concerts) or they're down in the dungeons of their psyches (post-concerts)! There is no middle ground! Especially the guys! (Women have learned the fine art of "anticipation," as Carly Simon so brilliantly and prettily put into words). At least the *male* Raspberries fans are (close your eyes, ladies) "the nymphomaniacs of music." ! There, Lemonade Girl, pure as the driven snow, said it.

RELAX! It's just a breather! Honest! There'll be more! It's only been ONE YEAR since they started rehearsing, and ELEVEN MONTHS since the first reunion concert! You waited 30 years--and its NOT going away!

I prefer to think in the positive sense. Time between concerts gives the ladies a chance to go shopping and choose another dreamy outfit for the next soiree.

All your positive thoughts helped make this happen--so don't abandon those positive vibes NOW! Take a realistic look at the situation--it's NOT going to "evaporate"! Think "less spoiled and more grateful," come from a place of abundance (which we certainly are IN!), and it won't be a long wait. Yep, "the nymphomaniacs of music".

smile --Darlene

I have that same empty feeling and I wasn't at the LA show.

My personal opinion (not that anyone has asked for it) is they will assess what, if any, offers come forth between LA and the new year and will decide what to do next based on the best deal.

After the Sat. NYC show (still inside BBK's) I was discussiing the reunion to date with a musician friend who has been there, done that. He asked "Who's fronting the cost of these shows?" I said I didn't know but "I think the band is." He gave me a look as though I had two heads. He said (I am paraphrasing) "No way they can afford to do that. They'll go bankrupt. Some one has to be backing this." If the guys are doing this out of their own pockets, God help them.

So to follow up on my previous statement about "the deal", if there isn't a deal I don't see how they can continue to do this and remain financially sound. I don't mean to sound negative but folks, this has to become, first and foremost, a business venture.

We've all had a fun ride and these guys have played their hearts out for us. I hope this becomes everything they want it to be. Repeat: THEY want it to be. I hope it never ends, I will support them with my wallet every chance I get. But if it doesn't make economic sense for them, it will be 1974 all over again and we don't EVER want that to happen.

Keepin' my fingers crossed in Florida............

Ted

The perfect "Backer" would be VH1 Classic - They support a lot of bands during the year. I noticed that even bands like Queensryche (Which I like) had tours "Presented By" VH1 Classic. This has to include some financial backing by the station. Maybe we need to flood them with friendly e-mails to get them behind the Raspberries. Another source would be the manufacturer of some of their instruments.

Or, I bought a $1.00 Powerball ticket today - The jackpot is up to $25,000,000.00. If I win you will see a Raspberries cross country tour sponsored by "Tim From Wisconsin"! happy

Tim

Ah, Tim, what a sweetheart you are! I know what you mean. If my "Publishers' Clearing House" number won, I'd become their patroness!

Since there were 11 or 12 shows, I think it's clear the guys know what they're doing and had enough backing to do them. They may just be pausing to consider their options, which is a very smart thing to do. I've learned not to worry until I have to. And I'm not worrying about the Berries. They'll know what to do when the time comes, and they'll do it.

smile --Darlene

After seeing them in Chicago, I just felt happy and musically fullfilled that I saw my favorite band...a band I never fathomed would get back together. If I never see them again I'm still that much the better.

With the perspective of 9 months since seeing them, I've concluded that it was the best concert I've ever seen.....and I've seen a ton of great bands (Elton, Eagles, Queen, Springsteen, etc.) Elton, Springsteen, Freddie Mercury are/were better performers but taken as a whole package....the Raspberries concert was the best. And Bernie's film at the beginning melting into the live "I Wanna Be With You" was responsible for my worst outbreak of goosebumps in my 46 years!

I did'nt see them in Chicago, but NYC was incredible. I whole heartedly agree with James's feelings, if I never see them again, I feel like I've already gone to heaven and came back, no complaints. But, if they play within 6-10 hours of my hometown, I'll be there!

The concert was thought out and played through beautifully! Definitely my fav! smilesmile