Eric Carmen on American Bandstand

OMG! I remember this performance! I was only 13, but an avid viewer of AB. I had the two songs separately on 2 different youtube videos, but not this full-length version. This is the performance when I developed "my teenage crush" on EC! Thanks for sharing, I added it to my youtube EC playlist. LuvLove

Mine is in My Favorites section.

It might be a good idea for me to put the links into a file, too! Than I have it right on the monitor for easier access. Or maybe I could make a Winamp playlist and copy it to Media Player.

Hey Elle, like you, I too, remember watching Eric perform these on AB...and in all honesty, it was the first time I had ever heard of Eric Carmen...did not realize he was also the guy who was part of the phenomenal group that sang "Go All The Way"! But when I heard him sing these too songs...reverberating right through the core of me...I was hooked right then and there forever! Thanks for finding sharing this!! happy

I've never seen this one ever! Only the two songs individually without the interview. I loved it. I'd like to see more videos of Eric being interviewed. When he talks he has an awesome rasp to his voice but when he sings he sounds like an angel! Thankyou for that one Bessieboo.

Hey Elle, like you, I too, remember watching Eric perform these on AB...and in all honesty, it was the first time I had ever heard of Eric Carmen...did not realize he was also the guy who was part of the phenomenal group that sang "Go All The Way"! But when I heard him sing these too songs...reverberating right through the core of me...I was hooked right then and there forever! Thanks for finding sharing this!! happy

I'm with you and Elle. I was about 13 or 14, depending upon air date and I can remember sitting in front of the TV, being all wide eyed and staring at Eric. I just couldn't believe how anyone could be so FOXY - I'm sure that was my terminology back then! And my heart would pound - hard! heartpump And when I met Eric, that heart was just - a- racin', like when I was a kid. What a great feeling! It was such a nice, innocent time! smile

• 4 weeks later...

Oh dear, I must have missed catching this one. Dick Clark Productions had it taken off YouTube for copyright violation!

I would have liked to have seen it again. If it's the one I think it is, I made an audio tape of it back when it aired, on the cassette player I got when I turned 14, but the tape is long lost. I still remember the first thing on it, though--the sound of our phone ringing and my mother reacting to it by yelling "Well, hell's bells!" and something else. I had never heard my mother say "Hell's bells!" before. It was quite funny. At the same time, I sure as heck didn't want her to talk so loudly I couldn't pick up the sound from the TV!

I can still remember exactly how Eric sounded when Dick asked him where he was from and he said "Cleveland, Ohio"...