EC Drinks Pepsi?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that we're health nuts (we should try harder), but we avoid soda like the plague.... Iced tea, agua, and carbonated water all the time. (Occasionally, I do get the urge for a nice, cold root beer, Coke, or Pepsi, in that order.)

I gave up soda of all kinds. I just came to the conclusion that there was "nothing in it" that had any value for me. Obviously in my younger days the taste was what motivated me to drink it. But..anymore I look at the sugar grams and simply cannot justify it. I agree the diet stuff has too many chemicals. So I try not to drink my calories except for milk. I am sure Bernie appreciates statements like that.

Phil

I only tend to drink diet anything at most once a day. Most of the time I'm living on bottled water or Propel (which I got hooked on when I began cross-training.) I'm insulin resistant (mom was diabetic)so I can't afford to play games and get careless.<smile> I intend on being around to harass at least another generation or two!

I like diet sodas that don't taste like diet. My favorites currently are Sprite Zero (aka Diet Sprite), Diet Sierra Mist and Diet Dr. Pepper. Just wondering if Eric calls soft drinks "pop" like my realitves do in Akron, OH?! What does everybody else call soft drinks in their hometown? In York, PA we say "soda".

We call those long coldcut sandwiches, "subs". Other areas call them hoagies, grinders, heros, etc. But basically we are all talking about the same thing!

When I vacationed on the Jersey shore a few years ago in Springlake, we ate at a restaurant in a bar and they had a menu item listed as a "bar pie". Little did we know, they were talking about pizza!!

I was in York, PA last month, and I pulled "a Darlene". Was killing time in the mall, shuffling back between the music store and bookstore. Needed to do something, so I went back to the music store and put the Raspberries divider and CDs out front!

Glad there was a Raspberries divider because I didn't have a black marking pen....

Anne

Anne, You must always carry a black sharpie when you visit a music store. If you don't have one, get one! The generic "C" divider is so easily made into "Eric Carmen," because the "C" is in the middle, and one can easily fit "Eric" before it. Then, "armen" fits in perfectly, and the whole thing looks pretty natural. I've got it down to a science. The generic "R" is not a problem if the back of the divider is also white. I flip it around and write "Raspberries" across the top of it and replace it backwards. No problem.

Eric, now that you've spilled the beans about a "secret" tea recipe, the natives will get restless. As Gina would say, "Oopsie!" The word "secret" stirs up all kinds of action on this board. Here comes another "Ask Eric" question... :lol:

:) --Darlene

WTG Eric!!!!!!!!!!!

1,000,000th hit! Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww! Tought for sure I had all his tunes,lol. But to hear the new songs would be awesome! Yes, to see the raspberries get bk together. I'd do just about anything to see that show. Keep it going Eric! I play you alot on a website. The fans are out there and they love you.

Lois, NJ psych

I LOVE a big glass of Pepsi with a lot of ice! I try to drink soda only once or twice of week, too much caffeine and sugar, YIKES. Otherwise, love water and milk and lemonade. Been tryin to get MR. Razzy away from the diet soda.......too many chemicals and ..that taste....UGH!

Usually Coke Classic here...but if it's diet, I'm a Tab girl all the way. (Who here knows that one?)

My dad was diabetic (watched him give himself shots shots each a.m.), and I was tested last summer for insulin resistance (not so - whew!), so any soda at all for me is once a week at most...

S*

I'm a lot like Julesberry......very seldom drink soda, and prefer unsweetened iced tea.

Having lactose intolerence has forced me to back away from milk products. Haven't drank a glass of milk in over 15 years. Pretty much toe-ing the line with my use of cheese and butter. Maybe have ice cream perhaps three times in the last two years. It's frustrating when you love the stuff.

Kathy, we do have Vernors in a lot of the markets here in Seattle, surprisingly enough.

Also, we have a smaller grocery chain called

Larry's. Among the specialty items they carry are some "boutique/premium" sodas. Such as Jones, Green River, classic Nehi,...and, believe it or not, they are making the Boston specialty, Moxie, here in Seattle!

Seattle is basically a two drink city---coffee and beer, but the premium soda market is growing here.

Kath, I've found that stores that don't carry Vernors/GA year round will do so around the holidays... maybe you can stock up and then ration it to yourself!

Eric, your "secret recipe iced tea" sounds like a great product possibility or endorsement deal. I'm thinking it has to be RASPBERRY FLAVORED!

I've gone from being a six-pack or more of soda-a-day guy to one or maybe two. (Unless I'm indulging in adult beverages, then I like my Crown Royal or Malibu Rum with Pepsi!)

I remember the good ol' days of those glass bottles of Coke. The small, 6 1/2 bottles are still available, but cost prohibitive... and often they come in collectors bottles that you don't want to open anyway! Interestingly you can find glass bottles of Coke and Pepsi... and lots of fruit flavored sodas... in your ethnic food section as most of the Mexican and Latin American countries still sell them that way and so immigrants can still get the soda that they're used to!

Oh... and Dar... might it be that you miss the ORIGINAL ingredient that made COKE so addictive... and gave it it's name??? :p