What would you say to Eric if you were "All By Myself"?

I'd say 'thanks' and then we'd talk about something totally different than his music. The last thing he wants to hear is my opinion of his life's work. He's been reading my humble mindfarts on internet for almost 10 years now. (I was a much more active contributor back in the '90's.) So we'd talk about baseball, our favorite bbq sauces, our kids, how our wives drive us crazy, practical jokes we played on our buddies back in the 70's, and who we liked best of the original Charlies Angles. Important stuff. Dave

I thought the question was "If you were (the song)

ABM..?" If I were the SONG ABM, I would say "Thanks for making me famous. Thanks for finding me in the cosmos and putting me down on manuscript. Thanks for giving me to the world."

If the question is "If I were ABM with Eric, what would I say?," then I guess I've done that. After his first show at The Bottom Line (I had sent him a red rose with an unsigned card that said "Have a smash opening night!" --and he did--) as he was walking past, I stood up and asked him "How did you like your rose?" He stopped and asked "Was that from you, dear?" I said "Yes," and he just bent me over and kissed me, then went on to wherever he was going. I was in absolute shock, and just stood there for a moment, wondering if what I thought just happened really did.

After the show, I just went to where he was talking with everyone and told him he was wonderful in both shows, and he really was. I always hoped Clive would appreciate his magnificent talents after that very successful opening night in New York.

smile --Darlene

She was really nice, darlene. The Rosie I knew was nothing like the Rosie of today. She says stardom didn't change her, and lays claim to the "queen of nice" moniker, but in all honesty, compared to the Rosie I knew, this one's anything but nice. Sadly I think she actually believes stardom didn't change her. That's like Michael Jackson saying "plastic surgery didn't change me!".

Speaking of Baywatch, I used to love the mystery/murder series, Silk Stalkings with Rob Estes and Mitzi Kapture (who's on Baywatch now). She was so naturally cute, and then she shows up on Baywatch with her face and body obviously made over, and she looks "plastic" now--her face isn't nearly as cute. Someone should have warned her about what happened to Jennifer Grey when she went in for "just a little nose job."

smile --Darlene