For fans of "Winter Dreams"

marvin

So everyone on this Message Board knows that I'm not a big fan of "Winter Dreams", but for those of you who are, another one of my faves, Kyle Vincent just released his new cd "Solitary Road." The album is filled with beautiful melodies but is very ballad-heavy and you can order it through Kyle's website,

www.kylevincent.com. I'm sure the "Winter Dreams" fans will love it.

Regards,

MARVIN

So Marvin, does this mean that you do not like the new Vincent cd?

I respect your opinion, and having only purchased "wow and flutter", (personally I think it was a little "light weight"), your "review", may make my decision for me.

I do agree with you on one thing though, of all the possible "new Erics", I think Vincent shows the most promise. If only we could get EC and KV in the studio at the same time!!!!!

Thanks

Greg

Greg, "Solitary Road" is even more light-weight than Kyle's previous releases. I've only listened to it one time through and was a bit disappointed. I'll listen to it a few more times and post a more in-depth review. There is no doubt that the melodies are quite nice - in my opinion nicer than what's on "Winter Dreams" - but Kyle seems to be going through a bit of an introspective phase (post-Sept 11 syndrome?), and the new cd is very laid-back. This might be due to the fact that there are no collaborations with Partheon Huxley and Tommy Dunbar - two people who were very much part of Kyle's other releases.

You are quite correct in saying that Kyle has a lot of Eric influences in him. The opening song on "Solitary Road", "You Will Dance Again" sounds right out of Eric's songbook.

MARVIN