Dave Schwensen Review

Margaret

I found this review from last summer's Scene Pavilion show and even though it may be old news, it had me grinning from ear to ear. Here's an excerpt:

If I had to pick a highlight of the show, it would be “Overnight Sensation.†Carmen, known for bringing his classical piano training to the rock stage, opened with the familiar keyboard riff and vocal – then it escalated into a full-blown wall of sound. If you’ve only heard the recorded version, then seeing this song performed live gives you a reason to keep living until you do.

You can read the full review at www.thecomedybook.com/Magazine/Raspberries%20Review.htm

Margaret smile

This is, by far, the best review of the Raspberries reunion tour, to date. Excellent! Most fans I have spoken to will tell you sound-wise this was not their best concert. So, if he was ecstatic about this one I can't imagine what he would have written about the first reunion concert, Chicago or BB King's (Sunday) shows.

Let's hope there are more reviews like this in the future.

Thanks for the post, Margaret.

Great review. The Hall is inconsistent at best.I like "When A Man Loves A Woman"-but Percy Sledge?-I'm pretty sure he's in the Hall Of Fame.("What-No Raspberries?-an outrage!)If you can get in for one powerful performance -then I say put Eric in as a solo for "ABM" and Raspberies for "Go All The Way" and you don't even have to weigh in all the other great stuff they did.That's just gravy!And to continue my rant-if you can get in for JUST one powerful performance-why not elect Lenny Welch for "Since I Fell For You" ,Mel Carter for "Hold Me, Thrill Me,Kiss Me" and "Exile" for "Kiss You All Over".-Ridiculous-Ira.

You're absolutely right Ira, the hall shouldn't be a haven for one-hit-wonders, but if it is; then surely Eric's biggest hit... and the Raspberries' biggest hit... should qualify them for enshrinement. And to think that they are located in the boys' hometown... it's like the Bible verse, "A Prophet is without honor in his own hometown." (Slight paraphrase perhaps, but you get the drift...)