Urgent Message For Eric Carmen!

blackhawkpat

Now, imagine: Raspberries' produced by Mark Hudson. Friends of Mark's stop in: Steve Tyler and Eric Carmen do a duet backed by the dueling power chords of Aerosmith's Joe Perry and Raspberries' Wally Bryson, while Ringo Starr joins Jim Bonfanti on percussion... oh well, I can dream...

Don smile

Under absolutely no circumstances should anyone from Aerosmith have anything whatsoever to do with any Eric Carmen recording! Tell me - what in the world could Steven Tyler possibly do with that "voice" of his, except ruin the sound of the record? Geesh! "It ain't broken" - leave the Raspberries alone!

For that matter, let them self-produce and get Shelly to record it.

Under absolutely no circumstances should anyone from Aerosmith have anything whatsoever to do with any Eric Carmen recording! Tell me - what in the world could Steven Tyler possibly do with that "voice" of his, except ruin the sound of the record? Geesh! "It ain't broken" - leave the Raspberries alone!

Steven Tyler, before Aerosmith, was known as Steve Taralico and sang backup on The Left Banke's "Nice To See You," "My Friend Today" and "Dark Is The Bark." Knowing Eric's love of The Left Banke ("Walk Away Rene"), I thought it might be interesting to see *if* Eric and Steve could pull off something great in the studio (you're right, it might not work, but who knows?).

Raspberries' Wally Bryson in an interview at http://www.raspberries.net/bryson.html says he is a huge fan of Aerosmith (having toured in Fotomaker with them).

To be direct, I wasn't so much describing Raspberries/Aerosmith "recording" together as I was thinking of what an interesting videotaped event (for a documentary like VH-1's "Behind The Music" series) would be and the media coverage it might generate that would propel any further Raspberries' events/projects.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...