The Reunion!

marc_so_cal

Congratulations to Eric and the band with their new reunion and tour!

Hopefully you guys can appear here in Southern California?

I also want to say that I'm a new member here. When I was about 10 years old, "Go All The Way" hit the AM radio airwaves. Me being a drummer and a Beatles & Beach Boys fan, noticed that this song absolutely ROCKED! I also took notice that this song stood out from all the rest of the AM radio program stuff at that time. I was indeed influenced by the drummer on that track. Later on, my sister bought a compilation LP of hit songs from the 70's (I think it was called "good times") and "Tonight" was on there. I couldn't stop listening to that song! It also ROCKED! I think allot of my drumming style was influenced by those two songs!

A few weeks ago, I was reading up on Eric and the band here at this site. What interested me was how when Eric was in the studio, Todd R. came by to check it out and borrowed some stuff. I've always been a Todd fan like Eric and that motivated me to get the very best of the Raspberries CD. It arrived last week and I just can't stop listening to it! I'm a total fan now!

Marc

Marc, You'll LOVE this place! It's a wonderful group who all appreciate Eric and the Berries the way you do. An unending succession of "Welcomes" to you! Visit every night like most of us do, and you'll find out all the hot news, right here! There's also new news on Kay Bryson's (yep, Wally Bryson's wife!)website at Raspberries.net (in the "Links" section on this site also). ENJOY!

smile --Darlene

I overplayed "Let's Pretend" as a kid and haven't completely recovered...but having said that, to me it's probably the melody that's closest to perfect of any song I've heard. It's not my favorite Raspberry song but I think it is the song that best defines them. I read somewhere that it was Raspberry's version of "Wouldn't It Be Nice" (a very good song) but I think "Let's Pretend" blows it away.