Making a case for Eric as a solo artist to the HOF

Why are people YELLING? wink Please step away from the "Caps Lock" button.

There's no doubt that Eric has influenced and inspired other artists, and has been an astounding talent for decades now, but whether or not that will ever lead to a solo nomination remains to be seen. Raspberries, on the other hand, could genuinely be up for consideration soon if the powers that be can recognize that they are certainly worthy - This past Friday night didn't hurt! happy

It would be cool to have all of my favorites in the Hall together someday!

Raspberries / Eric Carmen solo

Black Sabbath / Ozzy Osbourne solo (Yes, I know it's already happened for Ozzy & Sabbath) happy

Tim

Tim

I didn't hear any yelling. Must be my head cold. smilecool

IMHO one of the reasons Raspberries and Chicago haven't been nominated is actually due to the "Adult Contemporary" success of EC's solo career..and Chicago's hit making prowess from Chicago 13 on. I know it sounds ironic ..but I think these two acts have suffered critically due to their commercial success. Therefore...just not hip enough. Now if that isn't absurd!

Just my OTC-cold-medicine-filled groggy opinion.

John

Hat trick for Patrick.....a quick looksee shows that three of the Beatles are in as soloists and the group, Michael Jackson and the Jackson Five, Eric Clapton and Cream (and the Yardbirds), Jeff Beck and the Yardbirds, Paul Simon and Simon and Garfunkel. So, it doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

..I think many do not understand the R&R HOF. When Eric goes in, it will be as a memeber of the Raspberries.

As much as the people on this board might think Eric is deserving to be inducted as a solo artist, the reality is that those who are in charge of nominating / inducting for the Hall are clueless to the signifincance of Raspberries, and probably less informed about Eric's solo career.