California Here They Come!

Baby Sister

Good idea, Mellie...but I probably don't need to distract the guys from their driving by shifting the weight with a jump on to the back...after all, I'm sure they have this travel down to a science. laugh

Alas, things are not looking good for my chances to make the trip to LA. (Now if I should win the powerball on Wednesday, I might be tempted to be a tad less conscientious when it comes to my responsibilities...sometimes it really stinks to be a grown up. haha

Thanks so much to mrch, JB, mellie and ScentLady for all their encouragement the other night as I was in the throes of wrestling with this. It felt nice to know my presence is wanted. Hugs to all of you.

I did try my best on Friday to make things happen to clear my plate so I could make the trip, but was not able to finish all that was necessary so the odds of my attending went down dramatically. If anything changes, this message board is the first place I'll be telling the news!

But as the above people know (as well as KitKat - of course!), my spirit will be overflowing there and my phone will be connected.

Taking the focus of this post back to where it belongs - with the people on the road: Ernie, Dave - again, safe travels as you drive. Everyone else - fly in peace!

*susana*

P.S. Darn it all - I thought the Steelers had it today!

P.P.S. ScentLady - I know I still owe you an e-mail...it's been a wild weekend.

Way to go Roadie 3. This reminds me of the California gold Rush days. The pioneers, (musical pioneers in this instance) headed west in search of the promises of California. Steer south of the mountains and all the snow. If you get stranded youd have to end up using Wallys doubleneck for firewood. Keep us posted, remember if it gets dicey the cavalry are never too far away. Drive on

brave roadies, drive on!!

"This reminds me of the California gold Rush days. The pioneers, (musical pioneers in this instance) headed west in search of the promises of California. Steer south of the mountains and all the snow. If you get stranded youd have to end up using Wallys doubleneck for firewood."

As long as they don't have to eat each other over the Donner Pass! Actually, they'll be well south of that, so I'm sure everybody will arrive safely.

Oh my! So sorry about the fuel pump. Been there, done that, but never with a vehicle like the one you are driving.

Guess this adds time to your travel today. Hope you make it to Amarillo without being too exhausted. Be sure to take plenty of breaksas you feel the need, guys! smile

Take care - looking forward to seeing your next post.

Just in from the truck....."made it to Amarillo last night, and we're back on the road again.Plan to be in Southern California late tonight or early in the morning....16 hours to go....our butts are really sore! I asked Dave to rub mine but he won't! California here we come!" (Ernie) " It's kind of a bummer, the truck is big and yellow like a bannana, shouldn't it be red like a raspberry? " ( Ernie)

Another note from the truck......Due to poor wireless connection in Amarillo I (baby sister) am having to read all the posts and reply for the guys. Note to Gene...Ernie says " Ken and Barbie are in his tech case in the cable drawer...cables?...are they tying each other up or what?...who knows what may be going on in that drawer!" More updates to follow!