Raspberries July 15th Cleveland !!!

okstevens

I have not been on for awhile and didn't notice if anyone seen but The Berries will be playin Cleveland July 15th at the Scene pavillion on the river. A GREAT place to see them.I've known for awhile but as usual I was sworn to secrecy

by folks from parts unknown ! Rumor has it that the Bangels may open along with another local band. This will be a great venue to see The Raspberries in an outdoor environment. Hope to see you there !!!

Jeff

This is good news. Now us midwestern fans do not have to go to the East coast or the Rockies to see our favorite band. Never been to the Scene Pavillion but I am sure it will be no problem. It will be interesting to see them in an outdoor venue. Someone should post on here as soon as they get info concerning tickets.

Phil (Sterling)

Isn't it funny? Just a couple of days ago I was looking out the Key Tower office window of a colleague to the river and the Scene Pavilion, and thinking "Damn, wouldn't it be nice if the Raspberries played there this summer? Yeah, sure I already have ny NYC tickets, but wouldn't it be nice...?"

Needless to say, when I read this in the Plain Dealer I was delighted! Not only that, but the way the author of the article (John Soeder) put it was "Raspberries are also back in season." *grin*

It may be only a week before the NYC shows, but you know who is going to be there. And maybe my sisters too!

alright, maybe this is a dumb question, but why is stuff "supposed to be on the QT"? Isn't the whole idea behind a band touring to get the fans to come see them? How are people supposed to make plans, buy tickets, reserve hotel rooms, and perhaps get airline reservations if things are "on the QT"? We don't all have jobs where we can drop things at a moments notice to go to a concert, the more notice we have, the more support the band will have. And really, it's not fair to fans that have been loyal for years that some people know stuff weeks or months before others do. Just my opinion.

WAHOO!!! Another date!!! I *said* more things would be coming out. I can just feel it sometimes.

July 15-16 sounds like a great trip to Cleveland for us. I haven't seen Southside Johnny since I was much much younger! It sounds like Raspberries have a GREAT venue in Cleveland on the 15th! All worries are needless and pointless. Things are developing as they should...

Julia, I think what people mean by keeping things "on the QT" is that they don't want to trumpet it loudly until they can verify it, in order to prevent stirring up excitement that ends in disappointment if the situation doesn't materialize. I think we learn things pretty quickly from Bernie and Kay. It would stand to reason that those who live in Cleveland or those who question workers at venues they hear rumors about would know what may be happening sooner than we do, but they usually share as soon as they have verified it. As long as the dates are happening, I'm happy.

smile --Darlene

Kazumi, it's not part of a festival that I can see. There's just this permanent amphitheatre on the Cuyahoga River that hosts many concerts during the summer (and ONLY during the summer), and this is one of those concerts.

It's going to be a great place for an outdoor concert.

I think it's cool a couple of birthday boys will be touring in July --- I believe Dave Smalley's birthday is July 10 and Wally Bryson's birthday is July 18, if memory serves, so a big thank you to the boys in the band and their loved ones for all the special times shared with the fans.

Don smile

For those of you who are not familiar with the venue, it overlooks the Cuyahoga River and allows a great view of the Cleveland skyline. It's not uncommon for a freighter to pass right behind the musicians in full view of the audience. Click on Jim Bonfanti's "Boxer" link to get an idea of what the Scene Pavilion looks like. They played there last summer in the afternoon but evening is even more dramatic with the city lights.

An outdoor concert in Cleveland sounds absolutely lovely. I'd like to see the city again (and more of it), and of course, would love to see the guys perform there. However, with my NY plans, I think I've stretched my travel budget as far as it will go! DARN!!!!!!!

Jennifer