The elusive # 1 hit record for Eric Carmen...........

Lawyer fan

I find it rather astonishing that Eric has never had a # 1 song either with the Raspberries or as a solo artist. I think the highest with the band was Go All The Way at # 5; as a solo artist, All By Myself peaked at # 2. IMHO, a dozen or so of his songs deserved Top 10 status. Then again,

I recall the early 70s; lots of ( fairly good ) music still coming out. Enjoy. Marc

Of course Eric is an outstanding songwriter as well as vocalist/guitarist/performer.I'd be willing to bet he's also very proud of #1's he has penned or co-written. Didn't Celine Dion's version of "All By Myself" go to #1?

My wife and I happened to be at the Celine Dion concert at the Gund Arena (Cleveland - Fall 1998) and Celine mentioned Eric as the composer of "All By Myself" and thanked him. Then....the spotlight went to Eric, in his seat in the audience(!), and he gave a wave and smile.

Also, didn't "Almost Paradise" from the Footloose soundtrack (co-written with Dean Pitchford) reach #1? For those that are not aware, Eric included this excellent track on his "I Was Born To Love You" CD in 2000. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that there are other EC #1's out there. Members?

Didn't Frank Sinatra do a version of Boats Against the Current ? If so, EC must have been proud of that cover. I know that Brian Wilson had offered Frank a song years earlier ( Still I Dream of It ); Frank wasn't interested. I don't think anyone could do justice covering the Raspberry tunes... they put their signature sounds on those songs. Marc