Sugarloaf's Jerry Corbetta mentions Razzies

I was at the WHNN's Rockin' Wahooza at the Midland, Michigan County Fairgrounds this evening. First off, it was the "Classic Rock All-Stars" with Peter Rivera (singer & drummer of Rare Earth), Mike Pinera (Iron Butterfly & Blues Image), Dennis Noda (Cannibal & The Headhunters) & Jerry Corbetta (Sugarloaf). When they sign autographs, Jerry Corbetta came up to me (because I wore the black "Raspberries" shirt) & Jerry said to me "I like the Raspberries"!! I sang to him "Sunshine, my Mother Nature's Wine" (which went to # 88 back in July of 1971 on the Billboard Hot 100) & Jerry said "Hey, that's my song"!! Then I went to Peter Rivera of Rare Earth & asked him "When will they finally released the album "One World" (from 1971) & "Willie Remembers" (from 1972) on CD"?? Peter said that Hip-O Select will finally reissue those as well as their debut "Dreams/Answers" (1969), "Get Ready" (1970) (remastered), "Ecology" (1970)(remastered) & "Ma" (1973) (remastered). Hip-O Select also has plans on "In Concert" (1972) (remastered) to be reissued only on the website (not in stores) & those will probably be out by late October or early November. Go to: www.hip-oselect.com for any updates. Then it was Joey Molland's Badfinger performing their songs. Then it was Chuck Negron (formerly of Three Dog Night). Then it was Mitch Ryder & The Detroit Wheels. Finally, it was Mark Farner (Grand Funk Railroad) to close the show. I had to wait 40 minutes to get an signed autograph from Mark & the people were waiting in line. Then I went to the Holiday Inn & check out if Mitch Ryder was at the Winston's Pub. I asked the man & he said that "I haven't seen Mitch". arrgh Then I got a frozen ICEE coke at Arby's & headed home. Matt

Matt,

I'm not surprised Jerry Corbetta likes Raspberries. Eric recorded a song co-written by Jerry on his "Eric Carmen" CD on Geffen. The tune was "Come Back To My Love" and Jerry wrote it with Bob Gaudio and John Bettis.

I liked Sugarloaf's "Green-Eyed Lady" and "Don't Call Us" (nice Beatles' lick at its heart). The only time I've seen Jerry in person was when he was in one of the later versions of The Four Seasons.

Don smile

If you truly have nothing better to do, I wrote a review of Eric's Geffen album in 1999: http://www.epinions.com/musc-review-1B5E-33BBCD6-385484CC-prod4