What can we do for the Raspberries?

Steveh

For years now, we have been begging our guys to get together and perform, and they have finally done it, and we are so happy and appreciative. And Marvin's writing project was a great idea. But is there anything else we can do for them? They have made us happy, so how can we make them happy? What do they want?I know I speak for most if not all the members of this board by saying we would do anything for them. Any ideas?

Steveh

Steveh: A great question. Maybe Bernie has some insight for us. Until I hear a better idea, I'll just keep going to the shows and buying the merchandise, etc. If there was some write-in we could pull off that would help, I'm game. Maybe we could bombard the networks with the hope of getting to perform on TV?

I don't have any ideas Steveh but i'm sure we will get some great suggestions from the other 'boarders.'

Maybe a letter writing campaign to the Hall of Fame. I saw some of the performers that have been inducted and it made me cringe. Dion and the Belmonts? Jimmy Reed? Gimme a break. There are other marginal/fringe acts that have already been inducted that were mere one hit wonders. Where's the justice?

Ted

Ted

We all know that being inducted into the HOF is very political (like most other things), and I'm sure that the resounding success of this show (and the front page articles and great reviews!) can start things rolling. I know nothing about the process, nor the identity of the "powers that be," if you get my drift. Bernie may know more about that...

smile --D

Let's not get into that "who's more deserving of being in the Hall of Fame" debate. It's an impossible discussion. One thing Jim was keen about was the board members promoting the various shows. I told Jim that if the band was intent on doing a Canadian show, just say the word and I'd do all the publicity required.

Marvin

I spoke at length to Terry Stewart, the Rock Hall director after the Raspberries concert. He agreed that the band needed more presence at the Museum and said he'd gladly make it happen if the guys could get him more display items. The best part is that he REALLY dug the show and was blown away by their performance. He mentioned being particularly overwhelmed by the complexity of "I Can Remember." It's all word of mouth from this point on. Let's SHOUT it loud and often: "Raspberries are back and they're better than ever!!!"

Bernie

It's all word of mouth from this point on. Let's SHOUT it loud and often: "Raspberries are back and they're better than ever!!!"

Bernie [/QB]

ABSOLUTELY RIGHT, BERNIE.... I tried tossing the possibility of writing a live review for the Village Voice to Chuck Eddy (who's a huge fan of "Go All The Way") but I don't think it's gonna fly because it happened in Cleveland... if an NYC show is in the plans I need to know asap so I can get the chance to review it... I CAN'T LET THEM DOWN

And tune in to WRSU & WFMU tomorrow at 12noon... both Joe (WFMU) Belock & myself (WRSU) will be spreading the myth & legend amongst the hippest circles in the tri-state underground via the airwaves & internet streaming... Joe was at the concert and was blown away...

WFMU-FM (91.1 in NJ)

WRSU-FM (88.7 in central NJ)

do a google search for their websites...

I've spread the word on a Beach Boys newsgroup that I belong to, and the excitement that's been created over there is phenomenal. Many are kicking themselves for not attending the reunion show, and just as many are saying they'll be there for whatever shows turn up in the new year.

Has there been a better time to be a fan of THE BEST GROUP IN THE WORLD!???

Marvin