Les Paul Tribute Concert!

Raspbernie

The 13th Annual American Music Masters series presents:

The Life and Legacy of Les Paul

Saturday, Nov 15, 2008 at 8 pm

CLEVELAND'S PLAYHOUSE SQUARE STATE THEATRE

Presented By: The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum

The American Music Masters series, co-produced by the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum and the Baker-Nord Center for the Humanities at Case Western Reserve University, celebrates the lives and careers of artists who changed the shape and sound of American culture.

This year generous support is provided by Gibson Guitar. In 2008, we will celebrate the extraordinary legacy of musician and inventor Les Paul. This once-in-a-lifetime concert will feature an all-star lineup of artist s including Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees who will perform as a tribute to the great Les Paul.

This event also tells the story of Paul's life and legacy through video, photographs and special tributes. Don't miss this chance to witness a guitar fest for the ages. Tickets for the tribute concert are $30, $40 and $50.

Each year, the series explores the legacy of one of those pioneering figures in a range of events that includes Museum exhibits, lectures, films, a major conference and a tribute concert benefiting the Rock Hall's award-winning education programs. Drawing together experts, artists, fans and friends, these events aim to provide new perspectives on some of the most beloved and influential musicians of the past century.

The concert will feature Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees James Burton, Billy Gibbons and the Ventures along with Jennifer Batten, Eric Carmen, Dennis Coffey, Duane Eddy, Lenny Kaye, Steve Lukather, Barbara Lynn, Alannah Myles, Richie Sambora and Slash.

Concert tickets are $30, $40 and $50 at the PlayhouseSquare box office and HERE , or charge by phone, 216-241-6000. VIP packages, $250 (including admission to a pre-show cocktail reception) and $500 (cocktail reception and after-party), can be purchased by calling 216-515-1207.

Thanks...

...Well, I tried to get tickets today (various circumstances prevented me from making the call) but they are telling me now that they are sold out of even the SRO tickets.

Then again, I am of the belief that "there is no such thing as a truly sold-out show"...I've had it proven to me in the past...so we shall see.