Eric & Jim on TV

Brian

Just saw them here in Cleveland...about a 5 minute interview...soft questions;Eric said "a few surprises" when asked about the songs they're rehearsing."What are you doing now"..."how will you feel taking the stage"...

The first thing I noticed was Eric's gray hair...and Jim's receding hair...ahhh, we're all getting older! No mention of Dave or Wally.Spoke of production values that HOB provides...that's it!

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I'm new on this message board, but a fanatic Raspberries fan since the first album came out. I am from the Chicago area and will be at the reunion show. I'm about ready to burst about coming to it. I was in Cleveland in 1998 for the show with Wally, Dave, Jim and Scott. I brought the original cardboard Fresh promo poster I had with me, and everyone signed it, so I'm hoping I can get Eric to sign it this time so that I can frame it. I had the pleasure of meeting Eric on the Dirty Dancing tour, and he did sign a bunch of photos for me, which I completed (at least the Raspberries ones) in Cleveland. I was lucky enough to meet Wally previously a couple of times when he toured with the New Rascals. The Raspberries buttons/pins pictured on Eric's web site, I believe, are the ones I gave to him when I met him on the Dirty Dancing tour. The one with the Raspberries on it was a replica of the original buttons the band had in the 70s, exept I had them made with pins (the originals had folding tabs on top). The other pin, with only a logo, was something I had done even longer ago just because I'm a HUGE fan and have been a pin collector. I thought about having some oval pins made with the original logo (as pictured on Eric's web site and other places), but didn't act quickly enough. I plan to check to see if I have any pins left of the two I had made years ago. If I do, I will bring them to the show and you guys from this message board will please accept them as gifts. By the way, has anyone out there heard of the band Shoes? They are my closest friends (and very excited that I'm going to this Raspberries reunion because they know what a big fan I am--they are fans, too). When I met Eric at the Dirty Dancing tour, the first thing he did was message Shoes. Looking forward to meeting many of you!

Shoes isn't currently doing any music, but it's always a possibility. I think they'd make a great support act for any extended Raspberries tour. They recently sold the recording building in which they had built a recording studio several years ago.

Actually, Shoes didn't get its name for that Beatles quote. However, the guy from Elektra Records who was planning to sign them to a major-label deal saw the show "Heroes of Rock 'n Roll" on TV and saw that film clip of the Beatles and later said, "I thought God was talking to me." The members of Shoes were pretty freaked out about it, too, because they are huge Beatles fans.