"Thank You (Bernie) For Being A Friend"

ira

Every summer I reflect on what a wonderful

friend and life-giver Mr. Bernie Hogya has been to all of us.

Why in the summer?

Well in the summer of 2004 I met Bernie for the first time when my copy of "Marathon Man" failed to arrive and I wanted to read it on my "Vegas Vacation".

I looked up what I thought was his number and wound up speaking to his sweet mom who relayed my message to her son Bernie.

Bernie contacted me and I went to his house to pick it up.

Bernie was generous...he showed me an Eric and "Sweet" poster as I recall from a show I referred to and some other cool stuff... and was such a "Mensch"! (Yiddish for "Stand-Up Guy"!)

Anyway...Here is a little tribute to you Bernie on my fourth anniversary of meeting you.

From all of us...."Thank You For Being A Friend"-From Ira and your extended family LuvLove

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aQX0HCeJ2rY

Ira...your post is just perfect! It really shows folks how just one person can touch ones life. Not only that, I would like to add, Bernie's YUMMY...and when we're "chowing down" together in a restaurant in Hollyweird after it took me 2 hours to drive 50 miles...its an added bonus for me! Oh and he doesn't suck either...I hate people who suck! wink

Wendy

There's another great side to being here: EC drops in, and he's hilarious!

Also, nobody puts anyone down here. Well, maybe I taunt Tony a bit, but that's all in jest. (Jest fer fun.)

You guys have given me laughs that have gotten me through a tough time.

I also love the information on Raspberries and EC.

Bernie, check out your video present, BTW. psych

Sadiis...Bernie is single-handedly responsible fot the 'Berries Reunion and for creating this community.

Words cannot express how much joy he has brought to so many.

I still can't believe the friends I've made...and that I've met and chatted A FEW TIMES!...with Eric Carmen himself.

It don't get much better!-Ira.

Guest Fresh

This place is an oasis for those of us who share a great love of music in general,and EC and Raspberries in particular.I have learned a great deal from interacting on this site,not to mention getting to see FOUR Raspberries' reunion concerts,and getting to talk with EC and others at last years' WAB.Thanks for all of your herculean efforts and their magnificent payoffs!!!

Rob

At the Chicago show I got to meet many of the people who post on the message board that attended the show. I met Bernie just before the show started and he was telling me about the opening video. One thing I have learned about going to the reunion shows, (I have attended 2), is that it feels more like going to a reunion party, like a high school reunion, seeing old friends than like going to a concert. I got the feeling that it was a celebration of friends and good music, a real party.

ditto on everything that everyone has said about bernie..if it was'nt for him,this site would not be the same..i fondly remember him writing me a thank you for defending eric on another website..i never will forget that..even though he has put up with my computer illiteracy at times !! bernie,we have not met face to face,but i know you are a gem..i mean that..lol,chris

I got the feeling that it was a celebration of friends and good music, a real party.

YES !! That's EXACTLY what it is !! INCREDIBLE music AND friendships.....each time, I leave with yet another treasured memory!

(Oh yeah...and Bernie, well, Bernie ROCKS !!! spin )

He sure does, Marlene. He and his site were the oasis in a desert that had stretched for so many years--what a dry spell! I had all but given up hearing any more music from Eric. Then, I found something more than the opera, Carmen, when I searched Eric Carmen. And the rest is history for all of us.

It was Bernie who glued himself to that computer and prepared a veritable FEAST for all starving EC and Raspberries fans. That's incredible enough in itself, but to have maintained it and made it better every year, day by day, and increased its membership and hits to over TWO MILLION, that's way more than a labour of love--that's pure devotion.

Thanks, Bernie, for YOUR devotion and friendship to Eric, Raspberries and ALL who enter here and always stay because there's no place like it!

smile --Love, Dar

Hey as all of you know I view EC.Com as a purely positive experience and I NEVER say anything negative...BUT I'm encouraging more of you to sign on this thread and thank Bernie for this incredible site that he has given us! LuvLove -Ira.

And Bernie even puts up with me emailing him to "moan" that I can't get into EC.com or the pages are really slow in changes and he has always sorted it or been positive. spin

You're Ira... this is an incredible site, with incredible people including you Ira. Don't under estimate the uplifting impact you have on our lives too. wink

Muzza cool

Bernie, You really are a great guy! I'm so lucky to have found this site last year and because of that, I got to finally see one of my favorites groups in concert. It would have never happened if not for your amazing dedication to this website!

A big, big Thank You! spin

Hey Ira, I've started a couple of these threads over the years (appeciation day, etc.), but you can never say "thanks" too many times for way Bernie has lifted us up through his efforts here. "Got Friends?" smile Thanks, Bernie!

Kirk...You're Soooo right.

Kirk-It may sound trite...But EC.Com has changed my life in ways I can't even begin to describe.

To quote the "Byrds" quoting "Dylan" in "My Back Pages"...

"But I was so much older then,

I'm younger than that now"!

From my first "'Berries" concert in Chicago thru today...Bernie and this community have made me a better and far happier person-Ira

Thanks Bernie!!!! I don't post often, but I read regularly!!! Thanks for creating this great forum for Eric and his fans!!! Eric has been influential for my love of music and lyrics. I met some of you at the December show in Cleveland...what a great group!!!

Karen

Nice thread, and well-deserved. This is the only bulletin board where I post, and it's the only one I go out of my way to read regularly. It sort of feels like... home.

So... I'll add my thanks and admiration to Bernie, too. The coolest thing about stumbling across your site in the late 1990s was the realization that I wasn't alone as a Raspberries/EC fan/fanatic --- that there are others who think, er, know that "I Can Remember" and "If You Change Your Mind" and "Overnight Sensation" and "Boats Against the Current" and "My Girl" and "Desperate Fools" and so many others are masterpieces.

And not only did EC.com lead me to other fans, but to all kinds of good friends, starting right at the top. You're the man, Bernie!

PS: It's cool to be able to see EC.com in its early days.... This is the site I remember finding, courtesy of the "Wayback Machine":

http://web.archive.org/web/19981212013841/http://ericcarmen.com/

• 4 weeks later...