Dying to See the Photo!!

smittie

Hi Bernie,

Just about halfway through the soft cover addition of the book. Enjoying every chapter immensely! Don't want it to end, so I am reading about a chapter a day. I was wondering- I believe sometime back you mentioned you would let everyone see a copy of the photograph of Eric included in the hard cover edition. Now that most everyone has received their books, would you be so kind as to share the photo with the monetarily challenged fans who ordered the soft cover?? It would really make my day. Thanks, Julie R.

smilie Thank you, Bernie. Such a quick response too! So happy to see the photo when I arrived home from work! Eric still looks great to me! Was hoping to see a family photo in the book, near the end where Eric talks about his children. Would it be too much to hope that maybe someday one would appear in the picture section of the website?! The family photo you have up now is great, but I know the fans would love an update! Thanks again, Julie R.

Thanks for the photo Bernie! Great shot of Eric holding the book.

I do have one small question - in every photo of Eric since his early days (even before Raspberries), I noticed he always wore quite a large ring on his right hand. Any idea why? Does it have some significance? He seems to wear a silver bracelet a lot in the photos too, but it changes in size and texture over the years, yet the ring remains the same. Am I the only person who noticed this? Is it because I'm a fool for rings (my collection matches Imelda's love of shoes)?

Yeah, he's not 300 pounds, but what's with the hair?? The hair isn't half as big as it was back in the 'Berrie days! It's certainly not anything now to get his lights punched out by Wally over anymore (if you haven't got there in the book - just let it be said that Eric worried more about his hair than his guitarist's health). I guess there must be a hairspray company somewhere who's yearly profits have plummetted just because of Eric. laugh He still looks cute, no matter what hair style!

The picture is great! Obviously, the years have been very kind to Eric. "In" hairstyles have sure changed since the '70s, but his hair looks great! It always looked better than mine--and it still does! As for the ring, Michelle, if someone wears certain jewelry for decades, it usually has a personal family significance. I have a girlfriend who wears her Mom's engagement ring. And a guy friend who has worn his Grandfather's wedding ring ever since I've known him. It's very thick, a lot like Eric's.

smile --Darlene