GOT BOOK INDEED!

Tom

Isn't this the most interesting read ever? I just can't put it down!

I had to laugh because my oldest daughter seemed as excited for me as I was to get it. I coach two of my other daughters basketball teams for their grade school and was having practice yesterday, when my daughter received the book at home. She drove her car up to the gym and ran on the court during practice to show me it had arrived!

"Dad, open it, open it!" she said. I didn't want to open it at the gym, for fear something would go badly."You really know how to disappoint a girl, doncha?", she cracked. "I GUESS I understand."

When I came home, my four kids surrounded me like it was Christmas!!!!!!! I'm 3/4 through it and guess what? It is like Christmas!

Got book indeed! Just putting my hands on it was a treat! Then to the pic, then the autograph, then...yup, just like Christmas! Just the list of photographs goes on forever! I was impressed with one page of it, then two, then three! And I learned that aggiesjc is Jennifer Corkery! What a great name! She proofread it beautifully. And I saw my name in the acknowledgements two after Jim's and just before Wally's. The B's is a pretty great section, too! This book bespeaks pure quality before you even read it. Since I just got home from Weekend at Bernie's, I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but I'll be up late tonight reading. Thank you Bernie, Ken and Eric for making it all possible. Bernie wanted a definitive book about Eric--Bernie got a book. If what Bernie wants, Bernie gets, I hope he's looking for music and live performances...Life is beautiful, isn't it?!

smile --Darlene

The book came today, and as I was opening it I proceeded to spill RED Mountaun Dew all over it!... (just kidding! I could almost hear the collective gasp on that one! LOL) Bernie , it looks absolutely fantastic! I'm going to lock myself away tonight in the bathroom, so I wont be disturbed by my wife while I'm reading it! (although I'll hear her complaints of "aren't you done in there yet?"...)It's the only quiet room in the house where I can read in peace! LOL

Jeff

It's the Gordon Hitchcock Hour, Welcome, Let me take you through the Harris room, where this gentleman waits for this remarkable book in the mail,"Marathon Man"

You didn't know the mailman was a librarian part-time Huh?

Will Gordon get his book on time from the mailman?

Stay tuned while we come back, to the Gordon Hitchcock Hour.

Got mine today -- the paperback copy comes on vacation to Vermont next week -- the hardcover stays home! Now I have to try and keep away from this gem so I'll have something to read next week on vacation....it's not easy! Great work Bernie and Ken S.

Yea!!!

My book arrived today 8-10 Tue. and I am devouring each and every picture and have skimmed every chapter. Now I will start at the beginning and digest every little detail and savour every moment! Thanks so much Bernie, for the book and the web site and for bringing Eric closer to our hearts! I'm proud to own the book and will treasure it always! Sincerely, Julie R.

I'm finding I'm having a hard time putting it down, right when I'm about to stop (like last night when I was about to go to bed!) I keep saying "just a few more pages...") When I received it , I wasn't going to skip ahead and look at the pics yet, or the discography. Last night, I cheated and sneaked a peek at the discography section where Eric's giving his comments on all of his songs. It's amazing how most of the songs he dislikes , I love ; and ones he thinks are his best I really don't care for. For example: "I wanna hear it from your lips" he says his favorite part was Bill Cuomo's keyboards. "they were awesome" That's the exact reason why listening to that song makes my skin crawl! lol. Then, for "All for love": "I wasn't nuts about the chorus and the sax solo didn't have to be there." To me the sax solo was the emotional highpoint of the song!.

Jeff

Bernie-

What an incredible book. Top notch quality throughout! I looked through it when it arrived and found out that there is an amazing amount of attention that was spent on details and an amazing amount of complete information about Eric his music and his thoughts!

Thanks for all the time that was put into the book!

Bernie,

Got my book yesterday... WOW! I'm in absolute awe of both you and Eric! More than ever now!

LUV it... And I haven't even started reading it "proper" yet. Was too excited last nite. Flipped thru some of the photos and will polish off the Yeah Yeah Yeah chapter tonite!

The autograph! The photo of the autographing!!

Okay, I'm gonna go now... *sigh*

All The Best,

Joyce Marie laugh

Welcome to the Gordon Hitchcock hour, Part two,

on his fourth day waiting for the book, Marathon Man", I speed up my train of thought for the delivery of this remarkable book.

It's a full moon now, the house where it holds the mailman that delivers the street mail,he sits under his reading lamp, he is reading, what is he reading? is the question.

Stay tuned , for part three.

Coming your way.

WOW! i'm speechless! the BOOK is gorgeous, and what a fantastic first-rate production!

but after owning some of ken sharp's previous work, and seeing how bernie has run this web site, what else would one expect?

i've only had a chance to skim thru it, but it did exactly what a great book SHOULD do - make me wanna go thru all of my 'berries and eric CDs and tapes, and play them all over again.

since i'm in the garden state as well, the book took ONE DAY to arrive at my place ... woo hoo!

and you couldn't ask for anything so lovingly packed!

THANK YOU!

Finally, Finally, the book has arrived in Canada. I had to bribe my kid with gummy bears to get him to go to the mailbox with me (at 2:30 pm - the book had probably sat there for a few hours waiting!). After that, who knows what the kid did for the rest of the day, I was too busy reading my new book. My neighbour thought I was weird - asked what the book was about, and when I showed it to her, she said she'd never heard of him! I thought I'd launch into a big tirade about WHO Eric Carmen is, but was too engrossed in the book to care. Maybe another day I'll educate her...