Spectacular Book Review…

Raspbernie

Happy reading, Jeff!

Bernie

Thanks -- I am a little coldy this weekend, so I got in bed, eager to read, and fell asleep, I think only at about page 9 (NO reflection on the writing -- I love it!!) -- but, when I woke up, my wife, who never heard of Eric, 'berries (or any of my 70s pop idols) before we met, said she had taken the book, read through page 60, and tells me how good it was, and how I will love it !1 I think we are creating another 'berries fan !! She was young though, actually, in fact, and funny enough, she was still a FETUS (and was born in Cleveland, no less!) the day the first album was released !!!

I read the book a few months ago and very much enjoyed it. As a fan I found it very interesting and insightful. I gave it to my 18 year old son to read. He's studying music as a major and taking recording classes in college and there was much in the book that pertains to what interests him. Bernie and Ken did a great job of writing how much, not just talent is needed to suceed, but also drive, passion and luck and I wanted my son to read that too. He enjoyed it and I did too, this says alot about the quality of the book.It isn't often that a mom and a teen will both enjoy the same reading material.

Got to tell you Bernie, I can't put the book down -- got mine in August and read it on vacation. Read it again last month just in case I missed something. I always pick it up from time to time -- the autographed copy is on the bookshelf, the soft cover is always within reach!

Thank you again for this great publication. Bought another one as a gift for another fan next town over -- the book is an excellent present for any music fan or for those interested in getting into the business.

Congratulations and Kudos, Bernie!!!! It is the quintessential EC/Raspberries book, no kidding. And it isn't in my study either. It occupies a very hallowed place on the top shelf of the barrister's bookcase in my music room, along with such venerated violin works as The Art of the Violin by Baillot and a violin technique book by Francesco Geminiani (who lived in Italy at the time of Stradivari!) High class stuff, this! I'm SO happy for you!

smile --Darlene