Wally, Jesse and me

marvin

Marvin, You're a lucky, lucky guy! Congratulations! I read you're posts about thanksgiving at Wally's and meeting Eric's Mom, and kept thinking "How cool is that?!" I would have loved to been a fly on the wall while you and Wally talked music, better yet I would have loved to been there to partake in the conversation...

Jeff

All four guys are great people. Even when rushed, they were always nice to everyone when speaking personally with them. I had met Kay way back when, so I felt like I already knew her, but had talked to Wally only a few times in the old days, although I knew he was "way cool." Had the chance to on Friday night, and he is indeed still "way cool." Spending time with Kay melted all the intervening years away. I just love her.

smile --Darlene

I LOVED Fotomaker! After Raspberries broke up, I looked high and low for music of any of its members. And I found Fotomaker. I have all their albums. I LOVED the first one. All of a sudden, I hear in my head, "Tell me, where have you been all my life?..." Mmmmmm--I'm smiling now!

smile --D

Fotomaker had a core of exceptional musicians: Wally, Dino Danelli, Gene Cornish, Lex Marchesi (the Rascals). Wally said that Lex and Paul Kossoff (Free) were the two best guitarists he ever saw, and Fotomaker had all the ingredients in place. They couldn't miss? So what happened? In Wally's words they were very much like the Raspberries: "The wrong place at the wrong time."

Marvin

I asked Kay how Wally ever hooked up with Danelli, Cornish and Marchessi - all very established musicians. How did they know of "Wally Bryson"? She told me that they saw Wally playing (I forget with who he was at the time but it was post-Raspberries), and they called him up right away and said, "We want you in our band."

Marvin