WEEKEND AT BERNIE'S 2-1/2

My plans for today were to play a round of golf (tee time 6:30) and then start the 2 hour trip to Bernie's, but I threw my back out on the 15th hole. It'll be nice and tight tomorrow. I'll have to roll out of bed the next few days. I'm not happy about it. I was looking forward to meeting everyone. Oh well, maybe next year.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kirk, Now *that's* the only thing we didn't think of! When Cartmill comes next year, he'll bring the group of Cleveland Cuties with him and provide the entertainment. It was so great to talk to him on the phone, though. So he WAS there, in spirit. Now, I'm going to go read "the book." By the way, the pool is big enough for Cartmill, and every "Cutie" in Cleveland!

smile --Darlene

Laura:

You should have let us know you were coming to Chicago, as you could have hooked up with myself, Gina and Poor4life (the EC Chicago connection) and had "Weekday at Blackhawkpat's".

Hey! I would have been up for that! We could have had the Chicago branch having a get together the same time as Bernie's.

Jeff

Check out the headline on today's (Monday)New York Post sports page (back page):

WEEKEND AT BERNIE'S

(It's in reference to the great weekend Yankees outfielder Bernie Williams had)

This had a different meaning to me! Hope you guys had a great time.

June (Mymooladi) sent along a couple of shots and here they are. Lucky me. No cake in my mouth but a cup in front of my face. Hey! The luckiest people at Weekend At Bernie's just might be JuliaD and her husband who arrived *after* the photos were taken.

Bernie

PS: Tony, Marvin purposely turned his back so you couldn't I.D. him the next time you're up North :-)

On viewing the photos for a second I thought Eric had made the party, then realized it was Bernie! They look much alike. Looks like a good time was had by all and that is what is important in this life. Thanks! Vanky

It's SO COOL to see what you guys look like!!!! Thank you so much for posting photos! Pardon me for saying this, as I am female and certainly not a lesbian, but Darlene looks like a hottie! Sorry if I'm embarrassing you, Darlene, but aren't you always claiming to be older than the rest of us? In the big group shot with name labels, you look like a teenager! Everybody else looks really good, too (though I can't see Marvin)! Looks like a ton of fun. I'm so bummed I couldn't make it.

Jennifer

Thank you so much for sharing pictures with us. Talk about bummed ! I really wanted to be there to meet everyone, but alas, it seems I contracted the chicken pox from a little patient (talk about no fun) crazy ...plus, i REALLY hated missing that almond torte, JuliaD. Anyway, the pictures are wonderful and it's so nice to put faces to those of you that were there. Sounds and looks like you all had a terrific time ! happy Marlene

Nice pics everyone! and yes I have to agree with Jennifer that Darlene is definetly a hottie!~lol

For some reason I had pictured Bernie as having a beard and glasses. Just shows you the perceptions you can have of people without seeing a face. If there's anymore I think we'd all be glad to see them!

Jeff

Kirk, Holy Cow! I have to say, that's what I think, too! I think Bernie shows a resemblance to a younger Neil Diamond! As soon as I saw the photo, I immediately thought that. Bernie, in case that's not good news to you, it's definitely a compliment in my book. In the '70s, when ND was younger (the age I'm talking about in this thread), I highly appreciated his looks. Furthermore, as he's aged, he's continued to be handsome.

Jennifer

Actually, I think Bernie looks more like the easy-going recording engineer, staying calm while working with tempermental rock stars(and I don't mean Eric).....I can see someone like Courtney Love or George Michael or Eminem screaming, and on the other side of the glass, there is a guy that looks like Bernie staying calm and holding things together.....

And "Bernie Hogya" certainly fits in the profile of interesting/distinctive names of producers/ engineers.....such as Tchad Blake, Greg Ladanyi, Daniel Lanois, etc.... smilesmile

OK Bernie, I have a Neil Diamond part for you in a movie, you play Neil when he is 29-30, ok

It wouldn't surprise me, if a movie producer looks for a Neil Diamond Lookalike, Bernie, you could fit, you know.

How about that Rick Nelson Story, I didn't like that movie, Or the guys singing, they could of found a better person to sing Ricks songs, huh