WEEKEND AT BERNIE'S 2-1/2

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Santa Fe New Mexico West enough! We have the greatest food in the world. Have you ever had real green or red chili? We have the #1 hot air balloon show in the world. The weather is not to hot or to cold and if you don't like the weather, stick around for half-an-hour and it will change.

We have great mountains for skiing (this is only good when it snows though). We have Fiesta where they burn Zozobra.

Ever think of having a winter weekend get together? You could call it Eric Carmen's "WINTER DREAMS" (how original. I guess "Weekend at Bernie's" wasn't so original either). You could ski during the day and at night snuggle up with the one you love (Eric's taken)and a hot beverage by the fire and listen to EC music and talk.

FoolinMyself,

When i read your post just now i had a huge pang of homesickness for Colorado. Every time i come to work in Maryland, i discover something new and wonderful here....but i ALWAYS miss my family AND real green chile !!

If we plan for a party here in Ottawa, we''re not too far away for Gord, Andy, Marvin (if he happened to be in Montreal at the time) and anyone who is in Upper NY state or Vermont.

Actually, Ohio isn't really all that far from here - maybe we could make a pilgramage to all the places Eric or the Raspberries ever were...

Hi everyone! Just a quick post here and I will wrap it all up in this one post. I am so excited for everyone attending Weekend at Bernies. I hope you all have a great time. So much going on here , it is crazy. First I still don't have my computer. I just sent it out again for repair for the 5th time. Everytime it is returned to me there is something else wrong with it. I did lose everything, my pictures,files, music,etc. I am so frustrated. There is some clown out there that should be fixing my computer not screwing it up.

Anthony and my mother had surgery and are both fully recovered. Yesterday my father had surgery and....so far.....so good. Thank God!!!I will be spending the weekend at my parents helping them out, I knew sometime ago that I would not be able to make the get together on Sunday. I am planning a very special trip sometime later this year. Can't wait for that!

Right now I really need to sit back and relax while reading a good book. Bernie, can't wait to receive that book. Thank you.

That's all for now...

Have a great time on Sunday!

Enjoy all the surprises too!

smile

Gina

Gina, Thanks for the update and good wishes for everyone. You and your family are in my prayers. Take extra good care of yourself. When you're taking care of other people, you need to stay in extra good health yourself. God bless you.

We'll all eat an extra piece of Julia's cake for you!

smile --Love, Darlene

My Saturday mail came, still no book AND I have to work the weekend, so no weekend at Bernies or cel phone visit. Zip, nada, nothing for poor Kirk 'til at least Monday. Darlene, please fire up that violin for me wink Kirk.

It's the eve of Bernie's 2 and 1/2 and I just wanted to write and tell all of you to have a marvelous time! It's going to be awesome for you all to get together. Sure wish I could be there too!

Take lots of pictures and if you cut a CD I want to be first in line to order!

Take care all and enjoy this fabulous time together! Traveling graces to all of you who are coming from afar!

Blessings,

--Julie

Well, I'm almost there. I am in Philly at the moment and on Friday afternoon I found a couple slides of the 2nd Raspberries just before the breakup-30 years ago - time flies, eh?. I managed to get a couple prints made at the last minute and am bringing them for Bernie. At least one is acceptable - fortunately it's of Eric.

See ya tomorrow guys.

Ted

The cake is made (it's a toasted almond torte, but three times the size of the ones I make for our bakery), and I think you guys will get a kick out of it when you see it. I'm also bringing some cookies I made today.

I'm sure people will be taking pics, I'll be taking some myself, but I'm telling you right now, anyone posting pics of me in a bathing suit will have an Irish curse put on them! arrgh

The lasagna is almost made, and I'm getting ready for "Weekend at Bernie's!" It's sunny here--even the weather cooperated! I decided not to bring lemonade--you all get enough of that from me all year long! I hope everyone gets their books today. That would give those who aren't going to the party an advantage over those who are, or at least make the playing field level. We'll take lots of pictures, and think about everyone on the board, so you'll all be there "in spirit." It sounds like "Weekend at Bernie's" may occur in different parts of the country and become a traditional for all! That would be great! Have a great day. There'll be enough pictures, it'll almost be like having a webcam.

smile --Darlene

everyone.....

hope you have a great time today! i'm off for about 6 hours of driving and fetching children!

bernie, i received my book yesterday....

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!

read chapter one before i fell asleep! glad my oldest has his license "cause' he's driving home.... while i read......

have fun gang!

greg