XM Radio

Robin23

I recently rcvd a gift of XM Radio from my son...a fantastic gift. Can anyone tell me which station plays Raspberries music or E.C. music. There is a feature on it which alerts you when these songs play, but you have to hear one of the songs first in order to put it in the memory. I have tried the 70's station, as well as other MIX stations...but no Berries stuff in the last week.

THANKS...Robin

The best one I can think of for the Raspberries would be the 70s channel (I was raging in a Target parking lot to "I Wanna Be With You" last week - truly a sight to behold). For the solo work of Mr. Carmen you could try the 70s channel, "The Heart" (the love song channel) or the 80s channel for a little flash of those "Hungry Eyes" (OK, that was bad, sorry about that). The cool thing about XM (unlike commercial radio) is that they actually take requests and even play them (imagine that concept LOL)!

Cheers,

JS

XM Radio is great. Definitely the '70s channel (7) is the best bet for hearing Raspberries, but some of the other channels might play them once in a while too. It depends on the format...ones like "The Blend" and "The Loft" mix songs from different genres and eras so you never can tell.

I'm just loving XM even though I haven't heard the Raspberries on it yet. The variety of music is just wonderful and you hear stuff you may never have heard before.

Lordy...my grandpappy would've blown a gasket to have to pay for radio! What will be interesting is if the whole "commercial free" catch disappears like it has with cable television and the internet. Sorry, guess I'm just a middle-aged "ol' timer"....

Just kidding....I almost did the satellite radio thing when I came across a neat little device at the local Walmart called a VR3 MP3 FM Modulator. Plug it into a cigarette lighter and pop in a USB thumb drive loaded with MP3's and hear your own music selection played through your FM radio without any commercial interruption. Works on the same FM modulation principle as the satellite radio transmitters and uses the car's power so you don't have to feed it batteries. They even put an mini-stereo input jack on the unit so you can connect a Cassette or MP3 portable player using its headphone jack.