On XM again

Gene

I heard Overnight Sensation on The Loft Friday evening. Mike Marrone (the program director) followed up by talking about the tune being one of the best rock and roll records... and that he had a couple of friends who went to shows this year and the concerts were fabulous.

I heard that, too, Gene !! If I remember correctly, when he mentioned his friends attending the Raspberries concert, he said they told him it was the "musical highlight of the year" for them !! I thought that was so cool !! (of course, if he'd asked me, it would have been the musical highlight of my LIFE !), but still.........it WAS cool. happy

And *I* was just about to ask who called up during the all-request show on 60s on 6 again last night demanding to hear "It's Cold Outside"! I had just gotten to the bus stop and hadn't turned my radio on again yet when I remembered to turn it on and heard the last few choruses. Damn!

I was going to add...last night, also, 60s on 6 was doing the thing where they pretend to be one of the classic AM stations of the '60s...with air checks, read-on-the-air-by-the-DJ commercials and all...and last night they were pretending to be a Chicago station. Given the popularity of "It's Cold Outside" in Chicago, it seemed especially apropos (not to mention apropos weatherwise, both there and here in Cleveland!).

I hear a Raspberries song and then just have to post... how does that song go... I know it sounds funky, I'm not in it for the monkey???

Yep, heard it again today. Mike Marrone said he'd gotten a flury of email the last time he played it... including someone he hadn't heard from in about 30 years. Who could that be?

Radio is so strange now. A station gets beamed to all of North America... but you sorta feel like it's your own hometown station... playing soungs you like and talking about people you know. Neat.