Fan Appreciation Day

Kirk

I know we all appreciate and thank our lucky stars for this web site; a lot of us have even expressed our gratitude and thanks. But I'd like to make today "Fan Appreciation Day" and give Bernie the kudos he deserves for allowing us such a great forum to share our love for Eric's music. Soooo, thanks a million for all you do, Bernie, and thanks to Eric for the reason it all happens smile Kirk.

I would be completely lost without this web-site. As I have said before, it is my lifeline and I really appreciate all that Bernie has done to make this the best website in the world. I'd also be completely lost without all of Eric's music which has accompanied me through the good times and helped me through some horrendous "down' times in my life. So I agree with Kirk and welcome this opportunity to also thank Bernie and Eric for everything. "All By Myself' started it all off for me and loving this song and Eric has created some really great moments for me over the years, and Bernie's website keeps it all fresh and alive. So I say thanks a million too and Happy Fan Appreciation Day!!

cool

Bernie- You do such a great job with the website, and I can't express to you what it has meant to be able to come here and get the latest news!!!! On this Fan Appreciation Day, I just want you to know that I really appreciate all that you do. happy

What a great idea! Bernie, we don't tell you often enough what a fantastic service your "labor of love" has provided to all of us who thought Eric's music was lost to us forever. Before WD, I despaired of ever seeing another effort by him again. Your great website is where I first learned about his release in Japan, and helped me to acquire WD. This website is a "dream" throughout all the seasons of the year. But we also know how much INCREDIBLY difficult and time-consuming work it entails, not to mention an incredible, even-tempered, tactful, sensible moderator! You are absolutely AMAZING!!! Thanks to you and to Eric as well, for giving his blessings and goodwill to this website. And now, the long-awaited, tome is about to make it's debut! A THOUSAND CHEERS!!!!

(THREE would never cover it!)

smile --Darlene

Yes, thank you, Bernie, and to all who post! As a home-based, self-employed freelance writer, the only human contact I have throughout the weekdays is through the telephone interviews I conduct for my work. EC.com is a great place to go on my breaks, and has become a source of entertainment and companionship.

Jennifer

Since I have first seen Eric Carmen on Bandstand, I was really liking his music.

I was deeper and deeper in love the sounds of, The Raspberries, Erics voice, is what brought me to his music.

As years passed on, I tried to keep up on all his music, all his albums.

Computers came to life with now web sites of music stars, interacting with others all fans to whom are enjoying the music and the music artist as well.

As soon as I had bought my computer 2 years ago.

I was exploring music artists.

Eric came to mind, The Raspberries.

So, I tried typing in Eric Carmen, I got in.

I was thrilled to actually get on a website of a famous person who I enjoyed for years, since the Fresh Raspberries came out, Wow!

I'm saying to myself, will I get a chance to ask Eric a question or talk with him on a mesage borad, well, eventually, not.

After reading more about him, and learning from my fans on here, who are informative, friendly, careing, helpful, musically inclined, and the most, of studio owned fans, that's amazing.

The moderator who actually interacts with us fans, and helps us to understand the truth about the artist.

Who is so friendly to us too.

I love that very much.

Bernie is the best moderator on the website of all, music sites.

He is a fantastic person to us all.

Eric, well, he is trying to keep us fans informed, I hope he pushes along his career in singing, even if it means to changing to gospal, I will always love his music.

I'm happy for him that he has a wonderful family now, who are beautiful.

Here's to wonderful life Eric and your children, wife, and cheers to Bernie for having to put this

website together for us.

Several years ago we got our first computer (a 25meg special) and my middle son Ben was exploring this internet thing. Having spent most of his life listening while I played my Raspberries and Eric albums, he did a search for them and low and behold he found this site. Bernie probalyy doesn't remember but myson e-mailed him about how much I loved Eric's music and asking about any music that was new. Bernie emailed Ben back and had him send a blank cassett tape on which he recorded an old recording of Eric live from a radio performance. Tha day I became almost as big a fan of Bernie as I am of Eric. Bernie you is Da Bomb!!!

• 2 years later...

It's fun to look back...so much has changed in such a short time. This wasn't so long ago, but it may have been before moderators, before Eric was posting, maybe even before Kathy came out of her cocoon wink

As we search for positive and uplifting things to focus on these days, the sentiment remains the same...thanks to all involved in making this the best site on the net. Kirk.

My take on "Fan Appreciation Day" is to thank all of you for supporting EricCarmen.com all these years, so THREE CHEERS FOR YOU!

Eric also wanted to add his voice to this thread: "Please thank everyone on the website for their support. Their comments have truly been a beacon of light during this dark time."

Bernie

Bernie if you didn't have you, and Kathy’s prodding you on, we wouldn't have this wonderful site for all of us to mingle. Be very proud Bernie of what you have accomplished, I am. Back when I thought I was the only person out there looking for other fans I found your web site and it has been the only one out there, because why make another one when this one has it all. I have to admire you for all your integrity you have shown thoughout the years. This was your calling Mr. Bernie Hogya weather you knew it or not. Thank you so much. You have Done Eric Proud!!

Love June

To repeat and state the obvious --this is a wonderful group of people who share so much of theirselves --and educate us all (in so many different areas) in the process.

I echo Jennifer's sentiment --it sure is a nice place to come between "9-5" and to hear active voices on the board. Helps make the day feel less lonely!

Anne

Now there's a story to be told.... :rolleyes:

I've posted this many times but I just can't say enough about how much I appreciate Bernie(and Kathy of course)and his devotion to Eric not only as a fan but as a friend. We are all lucky to have someone that is truly committed to sharing Eric's music and some stories along the way and not asked for anything in return. There are few people in this world like you Bernie. You're one in a million.

HT

To echo one of the earlier posts in this thread, this web site has I think become a part of all of us. I look forward to checking in every day and don't know what I'd do without it.

Finding the site was a bombshell moment for me. I'd been a fan for years but finding anything (and I mean anything) about Eric in this country before this web site was limited to trawling the music section of various bookshops at lunchtime for scaps of news.

To find this site was a beacon. And what a site! I spent the next month or so reading up on 20 odd years or so of news and events.

Bernie, this goes from strength to strength and how you find the time to do it and at the same time, do it so bloomin' well never ceases to amaze!

Thanks a million (and of course to you too Eric).

Gary laugh