What would you do for Eric having a good comeback?(Imagine you¥re his manager )

If I was his manager I¥d order the releasing of a Greatest Hits(with the songs re-recorded,updating the sound,avoiding linnn-drums,/80¥s soft AC sounds etc).Then I¥d order the releasing of a Raspberries reunion album (with old and new songs)and then I¥d start to collect ideas for a new album(my intuition says it should be in a Jackson Browne/Dan Fogelberg/Left Banke/Peter Hammill vein)It would be self produced and self edited.But before someone should make an All By Myself cover in the Diana Krall¥s vein.As I always say.Dreaming is free(serious)

If you prefer him produced by John "mutt" Lange,Bob Clearmountain or Bob Rock...it¥s your problem.LOL.

If I was his manager, I'd make him go back to the sexy hard rocking power pop that he was singing back in the days of "Tonight You're Mine". This diabetic coma inducing stuff that he put out on WD is a bit too sweet for my tastes. I believe my opinions have been mentioned a few times before here. :rolleyes:

How many of you wouldn't buy an album with Eric on the cover, with lots of skin showing? Bring back those tight pants and silk shirts. Yum Yum.

Michelle

Michelle, much as I love Eric, and I do, there just comes a time in a mans life when tight pants and spandex just don't work, ya know? eek

Last time I saw Paul Stanley perform with KISS (and I love Paul), and saw that bod stuffed into that spandex like skin on a bologna, I just thought "NO, this just doesn't work anymore, go put some clothes on!" haha

I think the same is true for the vocal chords, I doubt (and I could be wrong, I admit) Eric can sing those 70's songs like he used to. I saw Barry Manilow on tv the other day, and he sang something (don't recall what, I'm not really a fan), and he said "still in the original key, too!". That statement lends creedence to my feeling that some singers just can't do at 50+ what they did at 20, and there's no shame in that.

Yes, I've seen Paul Stanley, and I must say, he's probably a good 50 pound heavier than he was in the KISS days, so him in spandex would be scary indeed. On the other hand, we're used to seeing Eric in some pretty snazzy clothes, and the ones on the WD album looked so tame I barely recognized him. How about something like he wore for the Geffen or Change of Heart albums? Not too tight - but they definately had flare.

Michelle

Eric could do a couple of things... he could try to do something like Elton John's "Songs From The West Coast" which, for Eric could be something like a modern "Boats Against The Current"... he could also try to do stuff with fans/musicians like the Wondermints who are currently working with Brian Wilson and do something that's (stylistically) a mix of his best solo work (i.e. "Sunrise," "It Hurts Too Much" "love Is All That Matters") and his more universal stuff in the 'Berries ("Starting Over," "I Can Hardly Believe You're Mine," "Let's Pretend, "Nobody Knows," "Don't Want To Say Goodbye"). I would not like to hear him re-record anything. Cover versions aren't bad, but need to make sense and not be a nostalgia trip.