San Diego Show CANCELLED!

Raspbernie

There just was not enough push and publicity to hang on to the San Diego venue I'm thinking. About two weeks ago I discussing this on line with someone and said I hoped neither of the shows got cancelled. At this point until now I have heard NO advance advertising or publicity out here regarding the Raspberries. If I hadn't been a fan from day one and kept track I wouldn't have known they were even going to be out here.

New York, Chicago (where I'm from originally) are close enough to Cleveland to have kept them alive in venues back there. California is notorious for forgetting you the next day, so imagine what 32 years has done to it's lack of memory. We need a big push out here to get them in the public eye and not just the fans that have been fans for years.

I've noticed very few posts from the California area on either this or the Raspberries board. Most of the posts are from back east.

WHERE ARE YOU WEST COAST PEOPLE?????? LEAVE PARIS HILTON TO POSE IN HER MIRROR, LET TOM CRUISE JUMP ON OPRAH'S COUCH, LET NICK AND JESSICA PLAY AT MATRIMONY. Let's get with it people and push RASPBERRIES, RASPBERRIES, RASPBERRIES, RASPBERRIES. We don't want the L.A. show cancelled to.

Are there any L.A. fans out there with me on this?

LEAVE PARIS HILTON TO POSE IN HER MIRROR, LET TOM CRUISE JUMP ON OPRAH'S COUCH, LET NICK AND JESSICA PLAY AT MATRIMONY. Let's get with it people and push RASPBERRIES, RASPBERRIES, RASPBERRIES, RASPBERRIES. We don't want the L.A. show cancelled to.

Are there any L.A. fans out there with me on this?

"apparently the couch isn't the ONLY thing he's been jumping on" ~~ Jay Leno

Yes, SugarBabi7 and JuliaD, I'm not in L.A., but close enough. See my suggesttions on[A Message From Jim]. If there's another show or performer that night in L.A. or Orange County, then The Raspberries might be able to be a surprise guest, and still have a Meet and Greet session. Heck, maybe the next day, we could treat The Raspberries to a late morning breakfast after 10:00 , on saturday. Remember the music store idea, too, because that's the easiest on a short notice to do.

I feel really bad for all the fans that planned on going to the S. D. show, especially the ones who picked that venue for whatever reason over the L.A. venue. I almost couldn't get tickets for the L.A. show cause had trouble connecting with HOB. Then pj8789 came to the rescue and helped me secure them.

SugarBabi7--I'm not exactly in L.A., either; Camarillo is considered Califonia central coast. As far as pushing the Raspberries, everyone knows it's called El Lay for a reason- we're all so laid back, right wink ? And it goes without saying that the San Diego show is all Tony's fault- that naked sandwich board idea had people RUNNING from the San Diego area- sorry, Tony spin And, as far as those posters from back east- well, you ever tried to cross the street in New York? At least in SoCal you don't have to worry about being run over :rolleyes: Seriously, though, I contacted the Ventura County Star, and they have been running a mention of the HOB show for weeks; they're billing it as Raspberries featuring Eric Carmen. After I'd written the paper, Paul Sidoti e-mailed me to say his aunt worked for that paper, so maybe there will be more to come. Usually, unless your playing a venue in Ventura county, you're just not going to get much of a write up for a show that is in L.A. I also wrote Richard Cromelin from the L.A. Times. I was surprised that he was still there. He gave the Raspberries rave reviews when their albums first came out. When Eric played the Roxy, Cromelin's article on that show started with the headline "Eric Carmen, Pop-Rock Incarnate". So, they have a fan in him. The Times also ran a mention of the HOB show. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Cromelin attended the HOB show in L.A. If so, they will probably get a fantastic review in the Times. And then everybody who was running away from Tony and the sandwich board will want to turn around and run back to San Diego, only to find out that this was their only SoCal appearance. Oh well. Something nobody has mentioned since Jim's message is the mention of 'maybe' new music happy I'm going to eat one more frozen lemonade bar, and call it a night--Kirk.

Where the hell is Capitol Records when you need them? What better time to put out a box set with unreleased tracks, dvd, and promote it at the gigs, as well as the gigs themselves? The money to promote HOB sell outs around the country and sell some disks is a rounding error to them, compared to the money they sink into the crap my daughters listen too (they do however dig the Raspberries and Eric's stuff).

Having said that, maybe the economics with a third party don't pan out, plus I know the band enjoys the non-polictical aspect of the music biz.

Deja vu again. Somebody needs to get them on a late night talk show, VH1 classic concert (Guess Who did a public broadcast fund raise deal), or something..

The band is too damn hot and tight right now not to run with it. They sound better live today in their 50's then they did in their hey day.

It seems like my whole life that the only people that didn't like at least some of the 'berries and Eric's solo stuff, were they people that hadn't heard it. Once they do..they're hooked.

I'm as frustrated as they are... maybe Bruce and Bon Jovi can help.

frown I wasn't planning to attend the San Diego concert. However, my heart truly goes out to the fans who can't acquire a refund on their airline tickets and to the people who were going to attend their first Raspberries' concert & may not be able to attend the LA show. How disappointing this must be for all of you. Hopefully, in the future, more publicity will be done for the concerts.

Kirk, Thanks for the info about the media around L.A. and thanks for doing more than your part to promote the concert. I think L.A. will be just fine.

Steve, you're right...where IS Capitol? They certainly are making hay from the Berries' reunion. Where is the box set?!

Things happen for a reason--usually so OTHER things can happen *better.* My money is on Los Angeles!

smile --Darlene

This was a major disappointment. I live in San Diego and have been able to see many of my favorite artists here--Bread, Blondie, Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, the Go-Go's, to name just a few. Never thought I would get THIS close to a Raspberries concert after they reunited.

I thought about driving to L.A. but it's too late to make arrangements and too much of a hassle to drive up anyway.

Like I said, this has been a major disappointment. If the band goes on a real tour in the next year I hope San Diego will be one of their stops.