Steven Tyler & Eric Carmen

Raspbernie

Note to all the EC.com readers: If Aerosmith is headed your way, don't miss 'em. They are one of the last, truly great rock bands."

Talk to you soon,

Eric

Based in part on Eric's recommendation, I saw Aerosmith last night in Seattle. Wow. I have never seen more impressive stage, sound, and lighting in my life. 2 huge L shaped ramps went on to the floor, and 2 more ramps went up into the side seats. Everyone eventually ended up everywhere. Oh the beauty of wireless. The band was superb. Tyler sounded better than he ever has. Don't see how he can sing and scream so long, and so hard and keep his vocal chords from turning into Rod Stewart. Saw the Stones a couple months ago, but this was more impressive. A true rock and roll show. Incredible lighting.

Seattle Steve

• 5 years later...

"I went to see Aerosmith last night and they ROCKED!!! I'd have to put it in my top five concerts of all time. They were that good! The stage and the lighting were absolutely incredible and the band was tight, focused and powerful. And Steven…well, he's simply one of the best rock 'n roll front men ever. Mick Jagger is still terrific and a great showman, but he never really had a great vocal instrument. Steven has the voice AND the style (I'd like to get his tailor's phone number). And he's a Prince of a guy.

Note to all the EC.com readers: If Aerosmith is headed your way, don't miss 'em. They are one of the last, truly great rock bands."

Talk to you soon,

Eric

Given this season's American Idol (I'm getting a big kick out of Steven Tyler's presence!), I thought it was worth revisiting this old thread. Some of us will remember when Bernie posted it (can you believe this was more than five years ago?), while newer members here likely will enjoy seeing it....

Wouldn't it be nice to get Tyler and Carmen into a studio to record a song together?

--LC

Given this season's American Idol (I'm getting a big kick out of Steven Tyler's presence!), I thought it was worth revisiting this old thread. Some of us will remember when Bernie posted it (can you believe this was more than five years ago?), while newer members here likely will enjoy seeing it....

Wouldn't it be nice to get Tyler and Carmen into a studio to record a song together?

--LC

I thought the same thing when I've watched Steven Tyler on American Idol, LC! It would be great if he and Eric recorded something together!

Or, how about Eric being a "guest judge" on American Idol? With his musical knowledge, I think he would be fantastic!

Thanks for bringing back this thread, LC! I've read some of it, and I LOVE the awesome Photo of Steven and Eric!

heartpump