'BERRIES NEW WEBSITE

dianed

Today I had way too much time on my hands and found something I wasn't even looking for. I'm surprised I haven't seen this posted yet, so I doubt anyone's seen it.

This is the Raspberries new website. Check it out. There is a video clip from the HOB.

ENJOY !!! spinspinspin

Diane, You are good! If this has been online for awhile, I never even got a glimpse of it.

What a fantastic website! It's all there, and in a great package! I hope this is the new one, but if it isn't, I can't imagine what the new one will be--this is great!

Audio, video and a downloadable, printable press kit! WOW!!! spin

smile --Darlene

Sorry to put a damper on all the fun, but this is not a new website. Like Tim said, it's an electronic press kit that is used for band promotion only. I removed the LINK as it was not meant to be a public site. It was created for the reunion tour in 2005 and I suppose the fact that it's still online is a good indication that the boys may have more fun planned for us in the near future. Keep your fingers crossed!

Bernie

It is a shame, but Kay notified me Monday that she's taking the message board down for a while. Removing the home page link is probably just the first step. For the good of the group (meaning Eric, Wally, Dave, Jim, Scott and Mike), I hope she can get some spam blocks in place. I've deleted 49 spam posts in the past six hours.

We're really fortunate that we have this site and Dave's site to interact with each other. I've made some really great friends through these message boards. I still can't believe how big my world has become since I had an "I wonder whatever happened to Dave Smalley" moment and googled his name 22 months ago! I don't know what's happening next, but I do know that Kay has put her heart and soul into Raspberries.net. There is no doubt in my mind that the best is yet to come.

This has been happening for a while over there. Unfortunately, when you have a public forum, you're opening yourself up to spam, not to mention unsolicited e-mails :-( The reason we don't have that problem over here is because this particular Message Board is licensed (I pay an annual fee for it) and it includes checks and balances to prevent jerks from just registering to post crap! I wish idiots like that would just grow up and get a life.

Even with my spam filter I still get piles of unsolicited e-mail in my "IN" box. Some of them are getting more and more clever -- like the ones that seem to be official notices from eBay or PayPal. I just delete them all! Blech! What a supreme waste of time!!!

Bernie

Annie,

Nope, I can't even log in over there now (so, I'll thank Mellie here for responding to a post "over there" --- Mellie, loved the story of your cat named Sharona).

On an off-topic note, with the passing of Bruce Gary of The Knack ("My Sharona") fresh in our minds, I guess most Raspberries fans remember that The Knack (without Bruce) opened for Raspberries last year.

As some of you may be aware, The Knack's lead singer, Doug Fieger, underwent successful brain surgery for two tumors earlier this month.

If anyone wants to follow-up on Doug's condition or send an e-card to Doug, the information is on his official website at http://www.officialdougfieger.com/dfnews.htm --- he's a great guy and apparently appreciates the fans' messages during his recovery.

I've been listening to Doug's solo album, "First Things First" (which features the organ work of Billy Preston, who passed away in June) and thinking about how fragile all of our lives are. Like Eric once wrote, "Love is all that matters."

Don Krider

http://www.epinions.com/content_166204509828