what a difference a day makes: Sunday's Gods at BB Kings

pierson

From all reports--and I'm going by very reputable sources and idle bathroom chatter after the 2nd encore-- Sunday night's gig was the transcendental, magical all-encompassing live performance by the Raspberries...

Also... going by how I felt--and still feel--about the 1st Cleveland show on Nov. 26th--tonight's performance at BB King's was on a whole 'nother level... this was the holy grail of pop...

THE DRUMMING & THE SOUND (live mix) was beyond spectacular while all the other pieces were in top form...

The other note, is that tonight's set list was tweaked in a way that gave the set better dynamics and there was NEVER a moment where the energy suffered...

THIS WAS A PROFOUND MUSICAL ACHIEVEMENT & one of the greatest live POP experiences seen on NYC soil...

F*CK Bon Jovi... JIM BONFANTI was GOD tonight along with the already ALMIGHTY forces, ERIC & WALLY, not to mention, the stoic QUIET ONE, Dave Smalley-- much akin to John Entwhistle...

They hit it out of the park on every conceivable point with a sound that was jaw-droppingly brilliant...

The Overdubs were used in the most perfect (and modest) of ways, yet ROSE to the occasion like true pros and followed a band in MEGA-prime mode... Absolutely stunning stuff...

Did I say Jim Bonfanti was god???

And they got a 2nd encore from what's usually a jaded NYC crowd... NOT TONIGHT... they blew everyone away.... and left 'em screaming for more...