MEGA RARE audio files!

It's E-minor day at ec.com.

These are great.

"Straight Time" - I think Eric was about 20 years ahead of his time when he wrote this. In the music I hear a 1985 Billy Joel. Trust me, that's a great thing - considering I'm a big fan of Billy's "Big Man on Mulberry Street" and "Runnin' on Ice" (that's what I hear in "Straight Time").

"All Things Must End" - Very Byrds-influenced, not only with the twangy 12-string but the harmonies as well. Again, a great thing.

"So Little Time" is also very nice.

Bernie, thanks much for posting these.

BMP

PS: Happy Easter (and for our Jewish friends, Happy Passover)

i love the dark side of eric.."all things must end" to me is gorgeous!! i really think he should show more of that side of him in music,after all,we all have that moody/other side of us..do'nt hide it eric,it was very refreshing in a weird way to hear that side of you...c'mon,do some more of that!!! jmo..lol,chris

Thanks so much for the Easter treats, Bernie !! These are much better than chocolate bunnies !!

The first three are very Byrds and Doors influenced. “Go Ahead and Hurt Me†could definitely be a ‘Berries tune.

I can’t even imagine what else is in the vault. I’d love to have the opportunity to be able to purchase all these songs that were never released recorded on a CD just for us members !! (HINT, HINT !! )

Gotta wait 'til tomorrow, huh. Okay. Less fattening than chocolate (or the turkey we're having, mashed taters and stuffing.)

Tanks!

And "dark side"? Ooooo... very interesting from a psychological point of view.

Pretty good ear, Tony. Here's part of an email I had with Andy Cahan several years ago.

"Hi,

Eric recorded these songs in my studio 1993. They were all writen

pre-Raspberries:

1. HOW CAN YOU TELL

2. QUIET TRAIN

3. NOW I'M ALONE

4. YOUR LAST CHANCE

5. SO LITTLE TIME

6. I NEED YOUR LOVIN'

7. MORNING

8. CARTOON WORLD

9. ALL THINGS MUST END

10.STRAIGHT TIME

11.CINDY..."

It's interesting to hear how Eric's influences affected his early songwriting. Unlike his later compositions (most of which I could identify before the song was played completely through), these tunes don't yet have Eric's 'signature' on them. I really like "Go Ahead And Hurt Me". That one has eluded me for some time (nice find, B-man)! Great stuff laugh Kirk.