Forgive and Forget ?

ira

The Jewish Holy Day Yom Kippur begins tonite. It is a time when we ask forgiveness and search our souls to try and forgive others as well.With this in mind I have made a list of the TOP 5 persons I will really have to dig very deeply to forgive.(5)Capitol Records-for their lousy handling of Raspberries.(4) Lousy managers and promoters for their handling of Raspberies.(3)AM Radio for dropping Baby Let's Pretend way too soon.(2)Paul Young for his version of Jimmy Ruffin's What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted.And at #1) My ex-wife-no explanation necessary.

Ira, I thought Paul did OK with that remake, as well as "Oh Girl", "Everytime You Go Away", "Both Sides Now"...The Crooning Brit is a remake monster...

So give us another forgive, like let's forgive George Bush for being one of the worst speech giving presidents in history...That guy can take some of the best written words and mangle them so the country is left saying, "Huh?"

Lew, no joke, I did see it a couple of years ago in the store...kicking myself for not buying it before it sold out. There was also a companion to that beer, some kind of ale whose name escapes me.

Also, there is "Soy-Vey", the kosher Asian sauce.

But you've got to hand it to the Jewish people for being able to make fun of themselves all along....it was kind of uncool for us to poke at ourselves until "Big Fat Greek Wedding" came out.

......paul young is indeed alive and well......i toured with him in the early 90's and have periodically kept in touch........he contiues to tour and also plays in a tex-mex band called "los pacaminos".........he's a real gem of a guy, and while i agree his version of "what becomes of the brokenhearted" is a tad anemic, he is a truly great singer and interpreter of many a classic tune over the years........

Right-on Tommy. Paul is blessed with a fabulous soul-filled voice that shines on songs like "Everytime You Go Away" and "Tear This Playhouse Down." I saw him at the Montreal Forum in the early 1990's, and he's a wonderful live performer. Favourite Paul Young cover? "Wherever I Lay My Hat (That's My Home)."

Marv

What?! Holy coincidence Batman! I was at the show with my younger sister who was swooning over Paul the same way Jennifer used to. Tommy did you stick around to hear the opening act, Mtl singer by the name of Luba? Fabulous voice, and at one time quite popular in Canada.

Marv