New Material this millenium?

Randy

Is anything new on the horizon for EC? Is he in the studio or will he ever tour? 5-6 years between cd's is a good way to turn off fans. I realize you can't crank them out every week, but Chris Rea was almost dead and still manages to get a new one out every 2 years or so. and it's good material.

Randy, Eric said in the Ask Eric column that there would be a lot of construction at his home for a long time and he would be concentrating on putting a whole new sound system together and doing a fair bit of writing. He's probably doing it as we speak. I think something will be out there when he's finished. smile --Darlene

Marvin, why am I not surprised you and Randy have put your heads together on this? laugh

Randy, Eric has never been the type to continuously crank out new albums, why think he'd change at this point? It'd be nice, yeah, but I think you'd better not hold your breath... go make a malt cake or something smile

Sorry, Marvin, but Randy and I have had many an "Eric" conversation off this forum. I guess we're both disappointed with Eric's most recent output and are just waiting for him to prove us wrong with a release that shows what he's truly capable of. sure made it sound like you and he had discussed it

Regarding whether Eric will ever tour (first post of this topic), has anyone ever wondered if he's a bit reluctant to tour in any capacity for fear he may run headlong to us - especially Marvin, who would lambast him for Winter Dreams, and Tony, who may do who-knows-what? (Just kidding, you two.)

I wouldn't boo the guy, if I saw him again in concert. I like EC and his music, and if he wants to be semi-retired and a millionaire-more power to him(I wish I could slack when I hit 50). But nobody can tell me that this great writer and voice can only pen a dozen songs every 8 years or so. Come on people wake up! Maybe he doesn't want to ? Maybe he wants to be a father and husband and that's it? Maybe he thinks that a tour and cd are not very lucrative for a guy who hasn't done well outside of Cleveland and Japan in the last 15 years. Who knows? But could he be more involved with music? I think so.Now I've got to go and eat some malt cake. Yummy..

It certainly would be awesome to have Eric release some new stuff and tour again. There seems to be a resurgence in popularity of some of the over age 50 songwriter/musicians-James Taylor, McCartney, Judy Collins, Carole King, etc. these days. I think there's definitely a market...

Contrary to popular belief, I would never boo Eric or any other performer - even though it's true that I do despise "Winter Dreams."

I consider myself to be a very well-informed, discerning music listener and musician who had the good fortune to have been raised in a household where we were exposed to many different styles of music. My parents taught us to appreciate all music. I've also had the opportunity to have played before live audiences and have composed music for over 25 years. Eric's music (along with many others), was the soundtrack to my youth.

I can relate to Eric wanting to write about different things at this stage of his life. That's only natural, because as I've grown older, the subject matter in my songs has changed as well. With this point in mind, I can accept "Winter Dreams" for what it is, and if I ever get a chance to see Eric live again and if he happens to do selections from this album, I won't walk out on him. Instead, as I did in Minnesota a couple of years ago, I'll applaud him for bringing me some incredible musical joy in my life.

So don't think that just because I continually lambaste "WD" that I am an EC hater. On the contrary, just like Randy, we are true fans who are willing to put up with the 'not-so-good' in the hope that there will be more greatness around the corner. We just don't want that corner to be too far away.

Thanks for reading.

MARVIN

Marvin, I really was kidding about you and Tony at a concert! Tony's just a wild card on the message board, but I think he'd behave himself in person, and I know you'd appreciate seeing Eric perform even if he played a few songs from Winter Dreams. I just find it entertaining on some level that you're so consistent in your posts about that album! It does make me wonder what Eric would think if he were on tour and he knew that the regular message board folks were in the audience (which we all know we would be). Would he be up on stage thinking, "I wonder if Marvin's here tonight, or Darlene, Julia, Craig, or that crazy Tony."

I think Eric WOULD wonder if "the usual suspects"

were in the audience. He's so gracious and good

natured that he'd love it, I'm sure.

And Anthony Cartmill WOULD behave. I'd have to sit next to him and see to it. Actually, all Italian boys behave when push comes to shove. They

just love to stir everybody up! Besides, if Anthony didn't behave, Aunt Antonietta would knock

him out with her machete! smileangry

--Darlene (Aunt Antonietta)