Airport to Holiday Inn Express

Tiggsherby

I know this topic was addressed before but all of a sudden I'm in a panic because I'm traveling alone. What's the best(safest) way to get from the Airport to downtown on Friday afternoon? Is public transportaiton a viable option? Anyone arriving around noon, who'd like to share a cab to the Holiday Inn Express? If I take a cab alone...what "should" the fare be? Thanks! smile

At the airport follow signs to the parking garage (go down escalator). before going back up the escalators to the garage there is an area to the left marked RTA (Regional Transit Authority) That is the rapid trsnit (sortof a misnomer) that will take you into downtown...Tower City Station to be exact. Ride time about 30 minutes. Go to the 1st floor and follow signs to Public Square. From there you are about a 2-3 block walk east and south to the HIE (passing the HOB) Fare is approx $1.50.

Taxi fare do the motel will be approx $25.00..it is all highway and you will be going against any "rush hour" traffic.

If you don't have numerous / bulky luggage the RTA is OK. Not fancy, but serviceable. There are about 8-12 stopson the way downtown.

Altho unavailable to pick you up Friday if you (or anyone) needs rides back to the airport Sat or Sun I'll be available.

Good luck and happy traveling!!!!!

Hi Fellow Berryheads!

Anyone staying at the HI who would like a ride to the Airport Sat or Sun Afternoon drop me a

line. I need to be at a couple appointments near the airport and would be more than happy to catch up with some fellow berryheads. As a lifelong Clevelander I wont get you lost and

more importantly I would dig meeting people who share my enthusiasm for the guys.

Anyway see you all Friday night

My flight is just a little later (arriving Thanksgiving around 3:00), but I wish I could share a cab with someone. I've been told the train is an option, but one of the posts above mentions that it may not be safe. As a female traveling alone, I'm not sure I want to take the train after all. Can anybody from Cleveland tell me if it would be foolish for me to risk the train, or if I should just toughen up and save $20-plus?

Sounds like a cab makes the most sense. My cell # is 215-512-3048. I'll be arriving on a Continential Airlines flight in Terminal D about noon. Sounds like there are 4 of us (so far)that will be there at the same time. Hopefully we coordinate going into town together. Call me when you arrive.

Thanks

Laura

I emailed you about sharing a cab, or taking the HIE shuttle, if there is one. My husband and I are on the same flight as you, I think, if you are on Continental from Milwaukee arriving at 2:43 PM Friday. We'll then share the cab with you. If you are on the same flight, we'll talk to you at the airport. Thanks.