LOS ANGELES SHOW

There was no shortage of pictures for the Meet & Greet... I don't know what happened there. I'm sure Al will be glad to get you one if you didn't get it at the M&G. Sorry you didn't get a shot with the band... if you'd grabbed me at the after show gathering, I'd have been glad to shoot you... photographically speaking, that is.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Gene,had I seen you, I would have. I saw you once as we were coming in, and again a little later as you were walking through with camera in hand, but couldn't get to you fast enough. If you're listening Al,and can get ahold of two pictures, pvt. msg. me and I'll give you a place to send them This, hopefully will not involve climbing up and down stairways,

running up and down hallways and taking a few side trips on a waiting elevator. Thanks guys, much appreciated. Didn't want to stress my neighbor out. She was scheduled for surgery that day and talked the doctor into postponing it til Tuesday. Said despite the chasing around, she wouldn't have missed it for the world. I second that.

Raspberrywine, One of the greatest things that set Raspberries apart in the old days was exactly what you mentioned--the raw energy in their performances that put crowds on and over the edge. It was electrifying and everybody could feel it no matter where in the room you were. Any band that can still get people wild and out of control is really rockin', and if one doesn't feel wild at a Razz concert, he/she must be DEAD.

I have no doubt that they are totally "in the moment, in the NOW of everything." No nostalgia here anymore! They're back, and better than ever, especially what I heard of the concert over the phone from L.A. I only wish I could have been there. It's not Jack Jones' fault, but I fear I will always feel consternation whenever I hear his name.

frown --Darlene

Hi, my name is Cathy. My sister and I went to our very first Raspberries concert ever at the LA House of Blues on Friday, Oct 21.

I have been a fan of Eric's since I was 12, when Eric's first solo LP came out -- and after a little research of Eric's music, I discovered the Raspberries. Wow!

Oct 21, Friday afternoon, work was just crazy and everything that could happen, happened. It seemd like it was going to be impossible to get away. spin

Still on Cloud Nine...

Cathy

Cathy, A hundred welcomes! Raspberries and EC music is a lifetime addiction, and a great one! Have fun on the board. You will love it here. So glad you got to experience what Ken Jennings described as "the best band on the planet" live!

Hi Darlene,

Thanks for the welcome! Eric's music and the Raspberries music are definitely an addiction. My baby sister -- who liked the Raspberries before the concert -- absolutely LOVES them now. Their concert was just incredible because they are such incredible people -- and their fans are so dedicated and passionate. I'm still just floating on Cloud Nine! spin

Cathy happy

Cathy, I welcomed you in another thread before I saw this one, but now I realize who you are! I saw you at the M&G, and we met outside after the show while waiting for our cars! Great to meet you, and I hope you stick around and post with us!

Hi Jennifer,

It was a pleasure meeting you! Yup that was me waiting for the car -- as the skies were misty with slight drizzling -- as if to punctuate what a magical evening it was. happy

Im a little concerned about OkinawaGal's membership number. Do you think she's some sort of dark infiltration of the positive energy asociated with the Raspberries reunion? I sure hope not, Id like to see another show sometime.

Hi Raspberrywine,

I didn't get to pick my member number, but it seems like an interesting number to receive as we approach Halloween. Boo! wink

To all baseball fans, I read in today's Star-Ledger newspaper how the Topps employee who's responsible for assigning the numbers on the baseball cards is a huge Yankees fan and for the past few years assigns the number 666 to the player most responsible , in his opinion , for knocking the Yankees out of the playoffs.Book it now that Angels closer Francisco Rodriguez will be card no.666 in the 2006 edition of their Baseball cards. That's why Red Sox reliever Keith Foulke, who got the last out of the 2004ALCS , was no. 666 in 2005 and why the Florida Marlins Josh Beckett, who beat the Yankees inthe 2003 World Series finale, was 666 in the 2004 set. You can't make this stuff up.

To all baseball fans, I read in today's Star-Ledger newspaper how the Topps employee who's responsible for assigning the numbers on the baseball cards is a huge Yankees fan and for the past few years assigns the number 666 to the player most responsible , in his opinion , for knocking the Yankees out of the playoffs.Book it now that Angels closer Francisco Rodriguez will be card no.666 in the 2006 edition of their Baseball cards. That's why Red Sox reliever Keith Foulke, who got the last out of the 2004ALCS , was no. 666 in 2005 and why the Florida Marlins Josh Beckett, who beat the Yankees inthe 2003 World Series finale, was 666 in the 2004 set. You can't make this stuff up.

That's some great baseball trivia. happy

I have just got back from Ca. and just now catching up on the posts. It seems I was not the only one who had an awesome time at the HOB's. What a wonderful show, it never ceases to amazes me how they keep getting better and better. The new songs were done as if they were done at every show. Eric was wild!! I'm wondering if he could even talk the next day. The whole band was awesome as usual and very impressive. y sister and I had a super time, thank you guys. I am so lucky to have been able to catch so many shows, please don't let them stop. It would be a real crime!! You guys all have a real gift here and after all these years I would hate to see this ride end, we are all having too much fun.

Love you all

June

So sorry for those who couldn't be there to witness all the fun. Hopefully next time.