Celine Dion ABM Cover

JuliaD

I remember that the COOL thing about Peter Lemongello was that his TV ad kept presenting each song as if it had been a hit and as if he were somebody you should know-and By Gawd it worked!Mr. Lemon Jello sold tons of his records and became a big concert draw although he was nobody before or soon afterwards.At the time it went down as a real advertising coup.

JuliaD!!!!! What a statement that isa...sounds like you think us Canucks are bunch of spineless wonders...

Here is my list of acts that I think are WAY too overrated:

Tragically Hip: probably THE fav rock band across the country...totally lame melodies and lousy singer

Rita McNeil: Eastern Canada Phenom...she cannot hit a good note

Neil Young: terrible singer, great songwriter, worse guitar player ever

Paul Anka: never did anything for me...should stick to songwriting

bah

The only thing good about Celine Dion's version of ABM is Eric probably made some bodacious bucks in royalties. Personally, I'd rather lay in a bed of fire ants than see or hear Ms. Dion. A few years ago she was going to retire for a while when she having a baby so she could raise her child. But instead, she was on the cover of every magazine and on every talk show. You would have thought she was the first person ever to have a kid. Comparing her to Elvis is like comparing a fine wine to sewage. Of course, that's just my opinion.

JuliaD!!!!! What a statement that isa...sounds like you think us Canucks are bunch of spineless wonders...

Here is my list of acts that I think are WAY too overrated:

Tragically Hip: probably THE fav rock band across the country...totally lame melodies and lousy singer

Rita McNeil: Eastern Canada Phenom...she cannot hit a good note

Neil Young: terrible singer, great songwriter, worse guitar player ever

Paul Anka: never did anything for me...should stick to songwriting

bah

Bahoo, of course I don't think that, I have many Canadian friends, and I count you among them. But over the years, in speaking with them, I never recall any of them doing anything but singing the praises of Canadian singers, almost to the point of nausea, and I'd think "wow, they're loyal to their fellow Canadians, but surely they can't think EVERY Canadian singer walks on water?"... and at my end, it really did seem like that's what they thought.

But back to Celine... like I said, if you like her, I have no qualms with that. But I don't. And as there are some who agree with you, there are also some who agree with me. Maybe we don't realize it and some of us humans have ears like dogs who can't tolerate those dog whistles... Celine's cackling DOES literally make my inner ear vibrate to the point of discomfort, and I can't stand to listen to her. Maybe your ears aren't as sensitive, and you hear her at a better pitch or something, I dunno. But my opinion is... you like her, TAKE HER, she's all yours! :p

Andy, It's the French Canadians that slag my country so often. Bush is an easy target, but how about throwing in a few "thank you's" for the billions we are spending on defense and intelligence so your country of superiors doesn't have to...Ann Coulter sounds like the opposite end of some of your politicians and newspaper editors...

And make the pucks neon orange so I can see the damn things...