Wow! BIG ETV Update!

Raspbernie

BERNIE!!!!!!!!!! laugh

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!

Don't you know you're supposted to GET gifts for your birthday, not give them? What a gem of a guy you are!

These are priceless. I have never seen the one from Budokan before. WOW, I just love when Eric's in control and this is a great example. Just WOW!

I have, packed away, the AIDS benefit and Letterman clips but haven't seen them in so long. I remember watching Letterman and seeing Eric smile like never before. Being in the middle of a dream come true does that....

But I have to send an extra special thank you for the MMLC video. FINALLY a good quality version. (I knew if I kept sending those vibes it would appear!) Whenever I had a bad day, I would put this on and it NEVER failed to make me feel better. When the blond in the T-bird mouths she loves Eric, the LOOK on face just slays me every single time!

I bet when you got your report card as a kid, it ALWAYS said - Plays well with others and SHARES HIS TOYS!!! king

Thank you doesn't even come close!

thanks Bernie! - i was just checking the ETV section late this morning & found some really cool new stuff, most notably an EC song i'd never heard - "The Inside Story"; wow - what a scorching hot tune & live version! (i have to say tho', this song reaffirms my long-held opinion that Davey Johnstone remains one of the most overrated guitarists out there, tho' he was obviously highly regarded enough by his peers). nor had i seen the "I'm a Rocker" segment of the Mike Douglas Show, which has the funky mix apparently b/c of the live vocals/canned music approach used that day. the Cyrus Eerie stuff is cool too. anyway, thanks for posting this stuff Bernie, as always!

Wow! all those videos are great!

1)Make Me Lose Control - great style and song.

2)The Inside Story - Well rockin.

3)All By Myself- Really good, but, short also, I can understand, because their's more king song artists to play.

4)All Starr Band- fun- and great too!

David letterman?

These videos are great for an upcoming Then And Now dvd collection to own for us.

I had a great time.

Bernie thanks so much, well worth watching, over, and over, over again.

this song reaffirms my long-held opinion that Davey Johnstone remains one of the most overrated guitarists out there, tho' he was obviously highly regarded enough by his peers

Did you mean to say underrated? 'Cause Davey's scorching licks on this track surely ain't overrated!

Bernie

no, actually i really meant to say "overrated" & have never understood why he was so popular, b/c he always struck me as a one-trick pony kind of guy who applied the "Saturday Night's Alright for Fightin'" lick/approach to almost everything i've seen him do, no matter who the artist. i did come across one performance, cant remember w/ whom, where i thought he sounded real hot, but everything else has always struck me as i mention here, including on Eric's tune "Inside Story". it doesn't take away from the song tho'; i'm really glad to have come across it b/c i think it's a brillaint tune in the way so many of his rockin' & smokin'-but-with-great-melody Raspberries tunes are

he always struck me as a one-trick pony kind of guy who applied the "Saturday Night's Alright for Fightin'" lick/approach to almost everything i've seen him do

Davey plays that lick on Eric's album as well, and in light of your comment, it would be interesting to hear how another guitar player may have interpreted Eric's intro—specifically on this tune. For instance, Wally's version may have been more Townshend than "Saturday Night's Alright For Fightin.'" Then again, Eric may very well have heard "Saturday Night's Alright For Fightin'" in his head when he wrote this one. So, in that case, Davey would have played it to perfection.

Bernie

I have to respectfully disagree with the comment of Davey Johnstone being 'overrated.' His work on much of Elton's work, especially in the early days, is outstanding. He is also a very underated songwriter and arranger. As far as the lick on "Inside Story" is concerned, maybe that's what Eric wanted.

Austinberries if you've never heard "Inside Story" before, you should check out Eric's "Tonight You're Mine" album, in my opinion, his best album.

Marv

Yeah Davey's one of the greats in my book.

I don't think he's milked that signature lick of his nearly as much as say Van Halen's finger tapping thing which he semed to every song they ever recorded. (Frankly Van Halen's one that I would consider vastly overrated in the guitarist food chain.... finger tapping. Yawn... give me Chet Atkins for sheer guitar muscle.)

Bernie:

These videos are great!!! In fact, it is hard to pick a favorite!

I was watching the 1990 Aids video, and I noticed how short Eric's hair was. Would you please tell Eric the next time he wants his hair cut short, to call me. I can make his hair look so much better than the way it looked on that video!

Thanks,

D

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by lbigirl:

<strong> BERNIE!!!!!!!!!! laugh

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!

But I have to send an extra special thank you for the MMLC video. FINALLY a good quality version. (I knew if I kept sending those vibes it would appear!) Whenever I had a bad day, I would put this on and it NEVER failed to make me feel better. When the blond in the T-bird mouths she loves Eric, the LOOK on face just slays me every single time!

I bet when you got your report card as a kid, it ALWAYS said - Plays well with others and SHARES HIS TOYS!!! wink

HT