DVD Update?

Keep checking raspberriesonline.com for updates, but we still hope to deliver in late spring.

Rykodisc has not given us a firm release date yet, and at this point we are at Rykodisc's mercy as to when the release will happen. I can tell you that the release date WON'T happen before June 26th. As soon as we have a firm release date, you all at ec.com and those at raspberriesonline.com will be the first to know.

Al

Al responded to your question in another post yesterday. He said there would probably NOT be any e-mail notifications. He advised checking here or the raspberries site for info as to when the product will be shipped. spin

UPDATE: just checked, your answer is in the "last chance to purchase cd/dvd" topic.

I'm fine with patience. One has to acknowledge that over the years, as EC fans, like a glacier, we have slowly moved from main stream to almost cult, which creates something of a jam for the person that has to manage supply and demand.

There is no right or wrong. I don't know how many Eric Carmen albums I have with the corner cut off, because the music guys said this was hot, print a bunch, but the marketing guys didn't deliver.

Let's get the first pressing out, the boys will gauge the buzz, and determine if a supporting tour/second pressing is warranted.

I both hope and suspect, it will be.

S

Cut outs are excess inventory; either albums that had too many pressings or has been deleted. It isn't done at the store level. The inventory is marked with a cut corner by the labels main distributors and sold off to rack jobbers who distribute it to the various outlets. The cut is to distinguish it from regular inventory. A similar cut is also used for promotional albums/cds/tapes. The sale of cut outs at the store level is not measured by Soundscan nor does it generate any royalties.