Dear Eric - A Request !

aggiesjc

Dear Eric

This is one of the few times I've written a message directly to you, but I'm aware that you may read the board, so I'm trying to contact you this way. A few points, in list format for clarity:

1. First of all, I am thrilled and delighted to attend the reunion concert. Many heartfelt THANKS to you, Jim, Wally, and Dave for helping to make this all happen.

2. The vagaries of cyberspace determined which of us holds a meet-and-greet balcony ticket, and which of us holds a general admission ticket. Despite being more than ready, up at 5:00 a.m. Pacific time, secret password on my fingertips, attempting numerous times, and hoping with every fiber of my being that I'd obtain a M&G ticket, it didn't happen.

3. Despite the passing of time since the ticket sales, the pain of missing out on the Meet-and-Greet aspect of that ticket has not lessened. As I've mentioned before on the board, it's not about the seat! It's ALL ABOUT not getting to meet you and the band!

4. I realize those with M&G tickets paid more for theirs than I paid for my GA ticket, but I would be more than happy to pay the difference and then some to have a chance to meet you!!!! I am traveling from California by myself to what I consider the show of a lifetime, and probably will never have the chance to meet you again. It wounds my heart to think I won't have the chance! Even if a tour results from this original Cleveland concert, this show is what I consider to be my one opportunity.

5. Finally – the main point of my message – Is there any chance at all that another meet-and-greet opportunity can be arranged for those of us willing to meet any requirements that such an opportunity might entail (time, place, price, etc.)? I'm arriving Thursday afternoon and departing Saturday afternoon, and can only hope you may consider me and your other longtime, faithful fans with GA tickets. Pretty please?! With sugar on top...

Jennifer Corkery, Yuba City, CA

smilie BUMP Didn't mean to sound like I was laughing at your predicament, if that's the way it came across with the graemlins. I just wanted to help you by bumping your message to the top. Good Luck, I think the 'Berries will come through for you. Hopin' and prayin' for you, Jennifer!

Again, sorry if it came across the wrong way, I was only trying to help, and probably picked the wrong expression!

Ditto. I had just returned from a trip to St. Louis when I checked the message board and read that the HoB had a pre-sale that day. I wasn't too concerned as I assumed there would be plenty of reserved seats available for the fan presale but such wasn't the case. In all of my previous experiences with pre-sales only blocks of tickets are sold from the various areas so that when they go on sale to the general public there are still some seats available in all areas. The House of Blues is responsible for this debacle and I'm still more than a little annoyed with them. I'm sure the band will do whatever they can but we may just be out of luck this go round.

Heck, I was away from the computer for 11 days at my mom's house, so I went away with the tickets still being a pie in the sky idea, and came back to them already sold out. I can't even get in the door - which at least you can, fortunately, do. There are a lot of us here that feel the pain. Those of us not at the show will be here that night, waiting in anticipation of any news, and hopefully we'll live vicatiously through our friends who are there.

Any chance of the boys making a trip to visit just us EC board fans so we can all have the chance to tell him how much we appreciate them?

Ok....my turn. I'm right here with you, gang.

First and most importantly, I'm SO thrilled to be coming to the concert! Sadly, I missed the opportunity for the meet and greet as well, thinking there would be tickets on Wed. I have very oscillating emotions, excited to be THERE, but disappointed that I won't be able to meet Eric and the rest of the band......... I'm staying positive, though, because I can't help but believe it's going to be a MAGICAL night for all of us. smile Marlene

I agree with all you guys....Jen, I'm right with you to meet and greet anyway we can! Lobstrlvr, I think it's only fair that nightcaps with Eric (pending Susan's approval) be equally distributed to all GA ticketholders...what IS Eric's favorite liquid refreshment??? Wine, perhaps???

Marlene, I think it will happen somehow..I just think it will be kept on the downlow to avoid fandemonium!!!!

Happy Halloween spin

annie

Thanks to all of you who have added posts supporting this! Your sentiments mean a lot to me, whether the original message achieves the desired result or not. Thank you also to those of you who have emailed me privately to lend encouragement on this subject. I had to summon my courage to post this, and was initially a little embarrassed to hang my heart on my sleeve this way, but having the board's support means so much!

Jennifer

I contacted Dave about the plight of the GA ticket holders. With his permission, here is his response:

QUOTE:

Marvin, we are aware, and are trying to come up with a way that more can take part in the meet and greet, fairly. I've not been in this club yet, but in the past I have been able to come out and chat with people. If I can do that, I will... long as I don't get shredded!! I'm all about the fans, and Eric, Wally, and Jim feel the same way too. We're working to make it a great night for all! I just don't want to give false hope to anyone. We're working on more access, if possible..

ENDQUOTE

Regards,

Marvin

I hope all band members realize that all most of us want is a chance to shake hands and say thank you in person. For me, it's that simple. I just want to be able to say I touched the hands of greatness, and that I was able to personally voice my gratitude. Dave, thanks for thinking of us! And thanks, Marvin, for conveying the message beyond the boundaries of EC.com.

Jennifer

Iím going to be the bad guy and make a couple of points regarding the logistics of this meet and greet.

There has been more than one reference to how the band has not played together for thirty years, and how they need to get their ìchopsî back. They are pros, and they are great, but there is going to be a lot of stress regarding their performance and issues the rest of us can not begin to imagine. Stress makes you tired.

Iím not a musician, but I have to think that the physical part of this performance will be like it is for an athlete. You think you are in shape for that first game, but you soon realize it is going to take five or ten games to get where you want to be physically. And I assume that just like practice is not like playing a game, rehearsals are not like playing a concert.

The band is not in the middle of a tour. My guess is that they are going to be drained after this show. And as we all know, these guys are not twentysomethings.

Of course, more than anything, after singing for 90 to 100 minutes, their voices are going to be tired. Iím sure the prospect of having to carry on conversations for another hour or two is daunting.

If the HOB holds 1,100 and if 25% of the ticket holders are balcony (ie: Meet & Greeters) that means the band will have to greet around 225 people. Could be more than that in the balcony. If the meet and greet is an hour, that means everyone gets about four minutes a piece, or one minute with each band member. How many people do you think are going to be willing to keep it under a minute?

When I lived in Chicago I was a make-up artist, worked with alot of musicians and celebrities, and was often present at their meet-and-greets (Richard Marx, Dolly Parton, Alabama, Poco, The Judds, Oprah, Michael Jordan, and many more). The sense of entitlement displayed by some of the ìfansî was a remarkable thing to witness. People just donít want to ìmove alongî. Celebs have learned that if you give someone an inch, some will try to take a couple of miles.

Iím sure Daveís concern about being ìshreddedî is not meant in terms of screaming teenagers, but in terms of ,ìCan I have a hug?î, ìCan I have a kiss?î, ìCan I get my picture taken with you?î, ìWill you say hi (on a cell phone) to my sister in Nebraska?î.

It is going to be chaos to just try to ìmeetî the balcony. Adding part of the GA is simply going to be a logistical nightmare.

Just my opinion. I could be wrong.

Received this e-mail today from Jim Bonfanti on additional "Meet and Greets" for GA ticket holders.

Bernie

- - - -

"I have been reading the Message Board and the comments regarding a meet and greet for the fans that have only GA tickets. I spoke to the House of Blues today and gave them the idea of an additional charge to keep it fair to the VIP people and to limit the number to 50.

"I expect to have an answer by weeks end and hope to help the situation.

"I want to try and make everyone happy but realize that we need to limit the number of fans for various reasons."

Jim

Jerry, you are quite right about the M & G being a logistical nightmare - it's even worse than you stated. At 1 minute per person/couple that's 60 people per hour. At that rate it would take 4 hours to M & G 240 people. Said another way, if the M & G was limited to 1 hour and there were 240 people that would give each person 15 seconds.

'tain't gonna happen I'm afraid - and I can understand why it won't.

Ted

Jerry, you make some excellent points. I had thought along those lines myself, however not to the degree you've thought it out. You're not a "bad guy" for pointing out such issues. I agree with you that the concert will put stress on the band, and that it will be physically exhausting, as well. I don't want to be the source of one more headache for them, but I confess I will keep my hopes up for a round of handshakes...

Jennifer

Just read Bernie's post with Jim's message. All I can say is, Jim, thanks for thinking of us! I'm realizing (by reading some of the last few posts here) just how complicated and time-consuming adding to the meet and greet will be. It's too bad that more of the original M&G tickets didn't end up in the hands of fans to start with...

Jennifer

Jerry, you are quite right about the M & G being a logistical nightmare - it's even worse than you stated. At 1 minute per person/couple that's 60 people per hour. At that rate it would take 4 hours to M & G 240 people. Said another way, if the M & G was limited to 1 hour and there were 240 people that would give each person 15 seconds.

'tain't gonna happen I'm afraid - and I can understand why it won't.

Ted

Thanks for the clarification Ted. My math was correct, but my answer was wrong. Itís not four minutes per person- itís four people per minute, or as you said, fifteen seconds.

Me again laugh It's apparent after reading through the above posts from Dave and Jim, and Eric's earlier message through Bernie, that the guys are doing all they can to help those of us who were not able to get the M&G tickets. I'd just like to say thank you ! No matter what the outcome, I really appreciate your consideration. I can't wait for Nov. 26th !!! Marlene

the band will have to greet around 225 people...that means everyone gets about four minutes a piece, or one minute with each band member.

Only a bit of a problem with the math - you're being very optimistic. Actually, 225 people to meet in 1 hour means that you have to meet 4 people per minute, NOT one person every 4 minutes, as calculated above. So, that means if you have 15 seconds to meet all 4 guys in the band, you have exactly 3.75 seconds to meet, kiss, hug and ask for an autograph from each of the 4 band members. I can't even write my own name in 4 seconds - so I'm guessing everyone getting the meet & greet experience they are hoping for just isn't going to happen.

Save your money on buying meet & greet tickets - stalk their homes and hotels afterwards - your chances of getting to talk to them are higher!!! (Only kidding of course)