Eric's Hand

Julie

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here is one you might like: http://www.asiancastings.com/images/bushman.jpg The pic is low resolution though, sorry. Taken in 2000, this was a shot of me examining an ancient carving at a recently excavated fort in south Taiwan, in Tainan City.

Great picture. You look a bit like a cross between the crocodile hunter and crocodile Dundee. My husband's an Aussie, but looks nothing like that (probably because he's a computer engineer - they never look too dangerous - unless you take their caffeine away from them!).

NHbushman,

I believe in searching for something powerful and extraordinary.

You may be the one, this map, what does it describe?

By all means, mail me a plane ticket, I will come out and join you for a search.

That second picture, is awesome to, I like it.

Some relics are spiritual.

Have you ever visited, The Stone Henge?

And studied it's power?

//ericcarmen.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif" alt="smile" title="smile" height="15" width="15" /> :

NHbushman,

I believe in searching for something powerful and extraordinary.

You may be the one, this map, what does it describe?

By all means, mail me a plane ticket, I will come out and join you for a search.

That second picture, is awesome to, I like it.

Some relics are spiritual.

Have you ever visited, The Stone Henge?

And studied it's power?

The stone tablet is a historical record. The Chinese are famous for documentation, such as family history, local political history, etc. Funny thing about Chinese is, no matter what's written, it looks pretty cool anyway, lol. I've never visited Stone Henge, but I have visited "America's Stonehenge" http://www.stonehengeusa.com with my wife. She has some pretty interesting comments to make about it, since she has been to several similar Asian sites. There is no lack of sites to explore over here!

//ericcarmen.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif" alt="smile" title="smile" height="15" width="15" /> :

NHBUSHMAN, I am on a glutinous diet, I have to eat a lot of rice, So, does that mean I can eat that sculpture.

That would be part of my diet. Huh

We just lost most of an ancient aboriginal bridge in central Taiwan which was washed away by huge flows of water. Many people think that its the hurricane/typhoon winds which cause damage, but the real killer in these storms is water.

I was sure America's Stonehenge was going to be that tacky one created out of old cars in Nebraska to replicate Britain's Stonehenge - aka CARHENGE - but I was happily mistaken. For those people not aquainted with the mystery of Carhenge, see www.carhenge.com. Sometimes you just have to wonder, "What to heck were they smoking when they came up with this idea?" eek

How about Erichenge, the use of record albums?

I think Eric would use a wrist tennis strap when signing the books.

Less hot lights, two bottles of Spring water, and a lot of happy faces.

If it's a nice day, under the canopy.

during a nice sunny day.

Or, an airconditioned room.

Is it really hot where Eric is? (Cleveland)Or is that where he is living.

Erichenge would be really cool! We could have it built in Cleveland, his home town, and we could all go to worship there (like they do at Stonehenge) every year on his birthday. Play Eric's music, eat raspberries, drink raspberry cocktails, get hammered and sing until the sun goes down. Unlike the hippies who wear their 60's rags to Stonehenge, we could dress up in tight pants and purple silk shirts in honor of Eric (although Darlene would wear the skin tight white jumpsuit!). What fun!

The biggest problem would be getting people to part with their records to create the monument. Using rocks or old cars is one thing, but convincing people to sacrifice a "Boats" or "Tonight You're Mine" album for the project could be very tricky indeed.

Eric was just starting to get comfortable reading the message board again, and now you're going to freak him out. And Tony, put your clothes back on! The Cleveland Cuties were retired. I had a blind put on the tree house to make it less conspicuous from Eric's house. And now comes Erichenge! Unbelievable! Uh-oh, I gotta go. I see some dust on my monument to Eric. Kirk.

So like Darlene, Kirk has a EC shrine in his living room with candles, statues, pictures...and an occasional live animal sacrifice to the living God. crazy

I'm jealous, because my wife made me take my EC shrine down last year. Too much clutter, and the goat and chicken blood is a bitch to get out of the carpet. frown

Putting Mariah Carey's CD in Erichenge would be SACRILEDGE! You dare to sully the great name of Eric with that trash! In order to be a tribute to Eric, it has to have HIS music in it. I guess we could put in stuff like the Beach Boys, who Eric used as inspirations or mentors for his music. Photos and/or artifacts from old relationship's of Eric's would probably make a nice addition. How else did Eric get lonely and depressed enough to write such great hits as "ABM" and "Boats" without having a few terrible relationships?

Plus, I think the hole in your CD collection would be there for many years to come!

Kirk, What ever happened to that modicum of sanity that took over the board not long ago?! I agree, Eric is probably boarding a plane for Borneo at this moment, just to get away...

But I'm so sorry that the Cleveland Cuties retired. They're not THAT old yet, *are^ they????

Shucks, I was going to join them just so I could go on rallies to Cleveland with Cartmill. Life's just not fair...

smile --Darlene