Hollywood Reporter

Raspbernie

I found it! Under "Eric Carmen" in search--very short, but a mention of the "hip VH1-Classic" taping on September 27th, '05:

------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------

Classic, Current

They've never made a music video, and until last year, they hadn't played together in more than 30 years. In July, though, members of the 1970s power-pop band the Raspberries were invited with open arms (and a few beers) to tape a performance and interview at one of cable television's hippest music channels, VH1 Classic. "We're just going to play until they throw us out," singer Eric Carmen said with a grin.

Sep 27, 2005 - The Hollywood Reporter

--------------------------------------------------

I expect that the show will get advertised and that they will get more press and hopefully a BIG article or two in the "Reporter" before and after their shows.

smile --Darlene

Thanks, alot, Darlene. I was checking this past week's local newspaper, not The Hollywood Reporter. And, the next date that should be on HOB's show list, in the newspaper, should be The Raspberries. They listed all of the current shows before the 21st. I'll check this weekend's newspaper. I imagine that there are going to be alot of surprised faces, when they realize that The Raspberries are back. Even more surprised that people say that they are better than before.

PS -- Sadly, it looks like i will not be able to be at the LA show, (which, ironically, is only a few minutes from my house in the Hills) -- my kids in London are off this week, and my daughters birthday is the 23rd, so I shoudl be there -- this has to take precidence frown

ON the positive side, I keep passing the HOB, looking for Berries on the billboard, and noticed that The Bangles are playing Friday, so I will at least go see them -- gotta get some HOB power pop this week !!!

Well, I checked out 3 Hollwood reporters, at "Hustler" bookstore and coffee house on Sunset (yes, the store does include certain namesake items for sale, as you might imagine). Hollywood reporter has a sort of haphazard way of publishing. They publish certain week ranges, and certain single days only. To make long story short, all they had was I think Sept 15-21, Sept 30, and October 4-10, which, is the latest. They did not have anything in those -- the online article states Setp 27th -- that would be a non current issue, and that store didn't have it frown -- I will see this week, if some of the coffee lounges may have the outdated one.