Who wants an iPhone?

Eric or anyone who has the iPhone,

How is the keyboard?

Is it easy to use?

I have a BlackBerry Pearl and the keyboard takes a little getting used to, It uses something called suretype system, and do not really care for it.

Added to that I may need to give in and get reading glasses, tiny things are getting hard to read.

Eric or anyone who has the iPhone,

How is the keyboard?

Is it easy to use?

Surprisingly, it's not bad. It takes some getting used to. I used Suretype as well, and, Suretype might be a little easier, because, you know when you mess up on Suretype as soon as you do it. You can hit a wrong soft button on the iPhone, not know it, and have to review the whole message afterwards.

p.s. As for the keyboard, I love it. I never got the hang of texting on the numeric keyboard. I love working with a "real" keyboard.

The only things I have found that I dont like so far are:

1. Cant send picture texts (sorry Jim!)

2. Ringtones....I swear I heard somewhere you could take any song and make it a ringtone, Apple told me no. So for now, the ringtones are limited.

3. Cant record videos.

But knowing Apple, they are already working on upgrades. I just couldnt wait.

Jeff, Stowaway Sue, et al...

Thanks for the info. I want to play with it, but have been a bit dubious as to whether the iPhone will meet my wants/needs in this first incarnation.

I'm hooked on my Treo and use my iPod incessantly in the car for music. Since I rely so heavily on the list features, e-books and games, in addition to the calendar and contacts...am I correct in thinking that the iPhone really isn't for me?? ( :::sniff:: I wanted it to be the new big thing for my use.)

Thanks again.

S*

p.s. As for the keyboard, I love it. I never got the hang of texting on the numeric keyboard. I love working with a "real" keyboard.

The only things I have found that I dont like so far are:

1. Cant send picture texts (sorry Jim!)

2. Ringtones....I swear I heard somewhere you could take any song and make it a ringtone, Apple told me no. So for now, the ringtones are limited.

3. Cant record videos.

But knowing Apple, they are already working on upgrades. I just couldnt wait.

iPhone2 is coming out next week! LOL

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

I got mine!! And it is loaded with all my Raspberries tunes.

smile

Small bug with my first one and had to visit the "Genius Bar" but they promptly exchanged it for a new one.

Well, needless to say, I'm behind ya'all in today's technology lol...don't have an iPhone just yet (my hubby jokes w/me that I WILL have one someday...yeah..once the price comes down to $150 let me know.. LOL!!)...but I do have an EnV cell phone ~ for those that are familar with enV (not sure how it's typed to be honest!), I think I've heard you need to purchase a separate *kit*, to download MP3's off of your computer to your phone...for anyone that might have an enV, do you know if that's hard to do? wink I LOVE to learn but not always the quickest student, HA! laugh I'm so jealous, so badly want to load all my 'Berries MP3's to my phone and join in on the fun!! That one phone someone posted (a Blackberry model?) that they can listen to their loaded songs, get a phone call, have the music pause, then once they hang up the music starts up again...sounds totally awesome....maybe someday!! psych

And I have to concur, Eric, that is just the CUTEST pic heartpump ...your son is darling...and Tim is adorable as well..thanks for sharing! smile