Sound Check

KC

Trindy, The change to include the sound check in the meet and greet was made so that the m&g could be done in the afternoon and the guys could be spared additional exhaustion after the show. It makes a lot more sense, even though I love to tell them how great they were after the show. If the band feel the change served both the band and the fans well (and it seems everyone loved it), I'm sure they'll do it that way whenever they can.

Due to the haphazard way HOB sells tickets, we didn't even get to the meet and greet, but I'm looking forward to finding a way to figure out how to "prophesy" when m&gs will go on sale for future concerts.

Looking back, I'm not so sure the rudeness of BBKings staff was BBKings as much as post-9/11 New York City.

smile --Darlene

I think that you can assume that in the future the M & G's will be run like the AC show for shows on Saturdays and Sundays. I would think that Friday shows would continue to be after the show due to the logistics of people working and doing a M & G on a Friday afternoon just won't work. Yes, the sound check schedule for a Friday show is the same as a Saturday.

Aw, trindy, don't feel badly...we missed you!

the major difference with the autographed picture was this: at the other meet and greets, you brought your own memorabilia to have signed by the boys. At this one, you couldn't - hence the photo. I did see several people who brought albums, books, etc with them to get signed only to be told, before the event started, that nothing was being signed.

I love ya, but it's not fair to compare the treatment in NY from the staff to the AC experience - it's apples and oranges.

I think I saw this change coming when old friends and celebs showed up in NY to hang with the band after the show and the guys couldn't do it due to the meet and greet. Something they didn't foresee when planning this at the beginning that they can accommodate now.

Better to light a candle than curse the darkness, right?

You'll LOVE it next time the boys play locally!!

Was the staff rude to the people for M&Gs for those NYC shows? I'm really sorry to hear that. It should've been just the opposite...

I found out by chance a couple of days before the show in A.C. that the M&G included access to the soundcheck by seeing Al's post to that effect. When we saw Al there, the first thing I did was thank him for posting that info...

We didn't do the M&Gs at the BB King's shows. But we had a great time hanging out in Lucille's all day both days and found the staff to be wonderful. They didn't even require that we buy a drink or anything. And they lined us up appropriately, in order of the # on the tickets they handed out when we arrived. Not an easy task.

A surprise fringe benefit of hanging out in Lucille's those days was that we met Eric on Saturday (he signed the shirts we were wearing) and Jim on Sunday (he signed our BB King's Raspberries postcards and also posed for a photo Al took!).

We certainly hope that the Raspberries return to BB King's in NYC someday, and when they do, the staff will treat everyone as they should.

All The Best,

Joyce

Oh, you can believe me...the BBK staff was plenty rude to the fans at the M&G. They herded us through the thing like cattle and would not let us stay in the building ONE SECOND after we had our moment with the guys, even to talk to people with the band who obviously didn't mind us being there. I was trying to talk briefly with Barb Bonfanti and Kim but they were hustling me out the door like I was some kind of criminal. I also saw them throw someone out BEFORE the M&G because he was complaining about the setup and about their rudeness.

And please, let's not go using 9/11 as an excuse. I think these people knew damn well that we were not terrorists. It's pathetic to treat patrons of a club who pay good money to see a band and meet with them like dirt, and then use "post-9/11 security" as a reason. COME ON.

I'm sorry, folks, but I'm not made of money and I was not planning to buy an M&G ticket to every concert I attend. And if you think it would be better in Cleveland, guess again. If the boys know a lot of people in NYC I can only imagine how many people in Cleveland who "knew them back when" but haven't been able to connect with them since for one reason or another want to do it at THOSE shows. So I'd be facing the same kind of situation. That is, if they ever DO an M&G in Cleveland again.

Well to lighten this up a bit - NYC was my first Raspberries concert. Before the show started, a young lad walked in with a knapsack, and I immediately wondered whether security had checked his knapsack. I watched him for a while and he seemed rather innocuous.

Some time later, the curtain went up - and there was the young lad on stage..it was Derek. I had a hearty laugh at that one!!

Anne

At shows where there are no meet and greets, you don't get to see the band at all, nor any members of their families. At many venues, the artists are just shuffled directly from a limo to backstage to the stage and out. Period. Probably because HOB and BBkings doesn't do that, they are more stringent with who can go where.

I was "strongarmed" and pushed away from Kim, and they shouted at her too at BBKings NY. And while I understand that people don't take kindly to it, there were a LOT of unauthorized people passing bracelets and passes and whatnot to each other. I'm sure there were a lot of people behind stage who shouldn't have been. That can be difficult for the band.

Venues don't know who is a terrorist and who isn't, but they're probably more concerned about unauthorized persons getting to artists. Not everyone is like us. In any given crowd, there can be stalkers and all it takes is one "unrequited lover." We don't have any of those here, but the venue staff doesn't know that. They just know they don't want another "Dimebag" incident.

I'm pretty grateful that our guys do meet and greets, and whatever the venues do, it's not their fault. I hope people can see past the way venues do things and not let it affect their attendance at shows and meet and greets.

smile --Darlene

The M&G's for the band are obviously a grind, but the fact that all do it, is a tribute to the philosophy and feelings they feel for their fans, particularly their hard core fans that take the time to write here. Face it, after a two hour concert, you just want to go backstage, pour a drink, and share a laugh about the problem in song 6 of the setlist, and the way they recovered, not write their name on your old album or take a picture on your disposable.

Eric wrote "I'm not in it for the money..." and us fans say were not in it for the fame... we just know good music when we hear it, and we love hearing it again.

Music is about music, not the current fad.

i've said it many times .. the boys had/got game.. nice to see the dues being paid.

Seattle Steve