Next mp3 "Cindy in the Wind" please

Tony Cartmill

Bernie, I'm sure you have a studio version of this EC song I just heard, "Cindy in the Wind" (I think that's the name). It has such a strong chorus with the great BeeGees style harmonies (non-chipmunk), and the "Walk Away Rene" style strings. It even has a D.Smally "Should I Wait" country pop feel to parts of it also. It sounds like it was recorded within the last few years during the WD sessions. It is a near-great song and needs to be heard by all the starving E.C. fans.

Please Bernie, Oh please oh please oh please oh pretty pretty please?

Hey Tony, it seems that you have come across some new Eric material lately. You mentioned finally hearing "My Heart Stops" and now "Cindy In The Wind". I have never heard "Cindy...". Uh, maybe we could help each other out. Or better yet, Bernie could listen to your request and post it soon.

Well, I have a *big* update planned for the next week or so in concert with the website's 500,000th hit. New ASK ERIC, new MP3 file, new Press articles... Hopefully I'll also be able to announce some other BIG news that will make everyone around here pretty happy. More on that later :-)

Bernie

Is that a bit of forshadowing there Bernie? I see you wrote "...next week or so in concert with the website's 500,000th hit." In CONCERT??? Is there a CONCERT PLANNED?????? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE say it's so! (...and make it close by my home so I don't have to travel somewhere ridiculous like California just to see him).

Michelle

p.s. Hey Eric, make it close to your home and kids. Have a concert in Northern New York. Cleveland is even good. Hell, come across the border to Canada where the water is cleaner, the air is fresher, the dollar is worth more, and I don't have to drive so far to see you. Ottawa is a great place, and it's the Capital of Canada!

Eric, don't listen to Michelle. Come to "Kahlifornia" as Arnold says...Bring the kids to a warm place, meet the Governator and see Disneyland, Sea World, Universal Studios, Knotts Berry Farm, Magic Mountain,...and Tony's home state! Don't go to cold Canada. They don't like "Winter Dreams" there! And everybody knows that it was the Canadians who bombed Pearl Harbor and the brought down the World Trade Centers...

Michelle, just wondering....while on the subject of Ontario, Canada----any good concert venues in London? Geographically, with it being halfway between Detroit and Toronto, sounds good, eh?

Never been to London myself, or anywhere aboot there.....Everyone I've met from London is really nice and doesn't cause trouble---so that's a start.

Well, London isn't that big, compared to Toronto and Detroit, but every now and again they get a few good acts. Nothing mind blowing - U2, The Who, etc. all go to Toronto. TO is about 1 and 1/2 hours away, so if there is something you really want to go to and you live in London, you're not too far away. Personally, I LOVED living in London, and if I had my choice it would be one of maybe 4 cities in Canada that I would chose to live in.

When we lived in London, we saw a few good shows - mostly Canadian biggies like Amy Sky and Jessie Cook. I find now that we live in Ottawa, there are a few bigger acts, mainly because we're halfway between Montreal and Toronto, and all the big acts go to those 2 places. Also, being the captial of Canada, we get the big shows on Canada Day on Parliament Hill, which I highly recommend, as long as you're not in the last week of pregnancy, as the crush of 10 000 people WILL induce labor (I KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE!) eek

Michelle

Eric,

Don't listen to Tony. California is on the verge of a massive earthquake that will sink the state. You don't want to subject the kiddies to that, do you? Up in Canada, we don't have the mudslides, earthquakes, fires, cancer causing sunburns, etc. Yes, we at times have no power, but you're used to that in Cleveland anyway, so you'd barely know the difference. Come to Canada, it will feel like home!

Michelle wink

Yes, Michelle, and Celine Dion can have front row seats for Eric's concert and greet him afterward with praises. When Celine was on "Behind Closed Doors" with Joan Lunden, they shot her ending a show in Cleveland, and showed Eric teling her he enjoyed the performance. Now, turnabout would be fun!

smile --Darlene

• 1 month later...

I was just reminiscing how I was picking this song as one of Eric's best unreleased songs. Now that Bernie let the jury hear the evidence a month later, my hit-picking radar is proven to still work.

Along with "Devil...", the quiet "Wild Wild Heart" and a studio tightened up version of "Temporary Hero"(If there is one), There are at least 4 Killer Carmen cuts out there screaming to be included on a new CD.

Tony, I don't see how Eric can continue to ignore these pleas for his unreleaseds to be produced on a CD. The roar is getting louder, Eric... And your fans are much more objective about what should be out there than you are, because you're just too close to it and have too much history with it. When we hear these gems we've never heard before, we marvel at their beauty. Please

think about it...

smile --Darlene

laugh

"cindy", "devil", "wild heart", the wally bryson guitar version of "hey deannie", a kick ass remake of badfingers "no matter what"...oh and a lighter version of "i was born to love you" (NOT REALLY.....JUST WANTED TO MAKE MARVIN PASS OUT!)

c'mon folks lets put the list together for EC before we end up with "baby i need your lovin'2" !!!!!!!!!

I've never come across a musician who is more secretive and private about his unreleased music than Bruce Springsteen. His unreleased songs were in the many hundreds but even he succumbed to his fan's cries by releasing a box set of unreleased music 5 years ago. Now he's down to another box set worth of unreleased music that might also one day see the light of day (no pun intended). So maybe Eric's unreleased music doesn't reach the quantity of Bruce's and maybe it's easier for a record company to back Bruce's unreleased music because it's an easy million seller, still, Eric can bypass all the record companies and make a few fans on this site pretty happy. C'mon Eric, just include the unreleased music disc with Bernie's book!

Marvin