Fav-Valentine EC Song

gordharris

Hi Kiwi Conection, welcome to the best message board there is and thankfully for us, it's for Eric. I know you will be happy here, we are all pretty friendly. I'm wondering how many other fans there are down under. I'm waiting for the DVD too, lets hope we don't have to wait to long.

June

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kia ora, You're up on everything if you already have the book! Isn't it wonderful?! We, too, are hoping for a DVD in the near future--some of us at the first reunion were even interviewed there.

We have also heard "rumours" of a possible tour to Japan, and are waiting expectantly for something to happen. So glad you found us!

:) --Darlene

And Julie...isn't it wonderful how time changes everything ?? I'm wishing you and your new hubby MANY, MANY wonderful Valentine's Day celebrations together...and a beautiful Eric "love song" for each one.. (note to Eric...we're going to need some more songs !! ;):) ) Marlene

Well, I mulled this one for long enough, didn't I? And of course, have to have more than one comment...

BadfingerBarb - amen! I almost chose that song, too! I was musing the fact we seemed to be focusing only on the positive side of Valentine's Day, when I really have to wonder if happy memories aren't more the exception than the rule. For all who are chock full of good memories - wonderful! I think BadfingerBarb made a great pick...on the same front, I also have to put my beloved "I Can Remember" up for consideration. :)

On the more "traditional" side of "happy, happy, joy, joy" thoughts, I lean towards two songs. For the brand new, still in the honeymoon stage of love, I think "Heaven Can Wait" is tops. But my #1 personal choice on that front is for the more everlasting love..."Love Is All That Matters". The beauty of that one lies in its simplicity.

S*

Hi folks! I guess I'm one of the newest kids on the block.<smile> I've been reading your conversations and there's a wonderful sense of family here that I just love. Hope I get to join the family soon!

Have to get in on this topic with you. Favorite Valentine song --- Make Me Lose Control. Thirty seconds in and I'm done for.LOL (My husband's made a mental note of that, too!LOL)

come on out to Chicago, folks --- I'll be happy to have you over for dinner and take you out and show you around the city. John (my husband) and I were both born and raised in Chicago and have been in the Chicago suburbs raising our family for 21 yrs. I think we could help you find an interesting site or two while making new friends!<smile>

Cozmik, I don't think so. Hey, a THIRTY-TWO year break didn't destroy the momentum. Just because there's not a slate of concerts going on now doesn't mean there won't be, especially after they've seen what they have together. And they know they are even better *now* than they were in the beginning.

I know some people look at me and still shake their heads and think, "Gosh, Darlene, you're dreaming." They didn't believe me the first time, but I was right. You see, I have this absolute knowledge (not just *opinion,* but for me it's a universal truth) that "Raspberries was meant to be." It just is. The band may not be going ahead by leaps and bounds, nor playing constantly, but that universal truth just doesn't change. As Jim and Eric said, "Baby steps..." Something that good *will* prevail. And endure. It had to be, even though the guys themselves had even forgotten that little universal truth over the years. Now that they remember, it definitely *will* be.

There are some people who doubt or may have even heard what they consider reliable rumblings, but they don't seem to include anyone who was actually there "back in the day" and have known "in their bones" since then that Raspberries indeed *will* realize its destiny.

Whatever the hiatus, it isn't going away for good. I truly would stake my entire being on it.

:) --Darlene