Opening Song

Jerry

For nostalgia's sake, I hope it's Ticket to Ride. I believe they opened with that at Carnegie Hall and they said it was a grand "up" for them! That would really be fitting. I know I'll scream, even though I'll be trying not to. When I hear the intro chords to I W B W Y, my heart is gonna fly out of my head!!!! I can't think about this now (like Scarlett O'Hara) or it will kill me and I won't get any sleep. I'll think about it tomorrow--or on Nov. 26th!!!

:) --Darlene

I bet the show starts with a wink, with the spotlight on Eric, he'll play the opening chords to 'Starting Over', after a few seconds we'll hear the hint of a snare drum, it'll get louder and loUDER AND LOUDER, the lights will come up on the rest of the stage and WHAM, there's the rest of the band slamming into a kick ass 21st Century version of "I Wanna Be With You".

Dave

All the clear pictures are coming back, Tom! It IS gonna be unbelievable for sure! I don't care WHAT they play first! It's gonna be "My Heart Stops" for a few seconds before the first chord. When that first chord comes (or Eric shouts, a-ONE-TWO-THREE-FOUR!", my heart will be frozen. At the first chord, I can tell you, my blood is gonna race...What a rush! I can tell you that my girlfriends used to tease me because I would get this absolutely happy feeling I used to call "Raspberries High," and my friends always knew when it started because this big smile would just start to spread all over my face... :)

:) --Darlene

• 9 years later...

Ha! Thought I'd bring this thread back on "Throw Back Thursday." Such anticipation. Such excitement. Hard to believe it was almost 10 years ago when we were all kids again—young and innocent—with only one thing on our minds. Music. Glorious music.

"So come on hold me tight,
We can rock the night away"

Bernie

• Like 5

You're right, Bernie. It really does seem like yesterday. I remember August 2004, coming back home to Mtl after attending the get-together at your place, and calling you on the phone because I had heard hints (from Andy and Dave S) about the reunion. Your answer, "I can't say anything, but it looks good."