Opening Song

Jerry

What will be the last song? Don't Want To Say Goodbye and then the encore. I believe the first song will be a non Eric song as a gesture to show this is truly a Raspberry reunion. Then the very last song will be Wally kicking ass with Party's Over. Some where in between they will share thier new song with us... Maybe. Just my prediction.

If anybody does introduce them, my guess is it will be a DJ from the radio station that's sponsoring the concert.

BUT .... it really SHOULD be Bernie & Michelle Cervoni (spelling?). They have kept the legacy alive with their websites. Michelle had owned the Berries site up until the past year.

Just my 3.5 cents worth.

It is very intersting reading all the various opinions. All good ones but I have my own vision.

No announcer is needed - we know who they are. For dramatic effect the house lights should dim. The crowd will respond accordingly. After a slight delay to allow the applause to diminish the opening to I'm A Rocker will say it all.

Ok, so it's not everone's favorite song. Not my fave either, but for a dramatic opening sound it will most definitely get the adrenaline pumping, as will GATW but it should be saved for later.

This is fun.

Ted's 2 cents.

Yeah, there are a lot of choices here.....but we can narrow it down to just a few......GATW would definitely work well as an opening song, but why would anyone in their right mind put your best song first?

Either "Tonight", "Ticket to Ride", "IWBWU" or "I'm a Rocker" would be the best choices.

Since you are baseball fans, you probably also realize that this is like a batting order...certain combinations of songs work back-to-back better than other combinations.

Ken Sharp and I went through this dilema writing MARATHON MAN. So many people say "THE RASPBERRIES" -- even Eric lets a "THE" slip every now and then. But DEFINITIVELY, it has always been "RASPBERRIES" -- Check the Capitol albums. Check the original 45s. Check the logo. Check Jim's various drum heads. RASPBERRIES, pure and simple.

Bernie

• Like 1

Pacing is an integral part of the show although the audience is seldom aware of it. It's best to open a show with an upbeat number and continue with upbeat numbers for at least three songs or so before you slow it down. Opening with "Tonight", "Ecstacy", then "IWTBWY" would be strong. At that pont you could do some ballads before starting the process over again. You want the opening and the finale to be the biggest power punches and it's always a good idea to leave the audience wanting more; i.e. don't play too many encores. That's from the band's perspective, of course. As a fan, they could never play too many encores.

Raspbernie said:

But DEFINITIVELY, it has always been "RASPBERRIES"

I just cringe when someone introduces a band by calling them "The Journey", "The Three Dog Night", or "The Matchbox 20", etc.

On the other hand, you might play a "Beatles" cd, but you probably wouldn't say you went to see "Beatles" or, "We saw Goo Goo Dolls last night."

Sometimes it just sound right using the "The" For me (right or wrong), there are plenty of raspberries out there, but only one "The Raspberries".

I have never heard of Three Dog Night, Journey, or Matchbox 20 with a "the" in front of the name. But, in the case, of Beatles, Raspberries, Rolling Stones, Beach Boys, Ventures, Ramones Who, and Guess Who, I have heard with and without the "the"....

While on the subject, the punk band calling themselves "Buzzcocks" vehemently insist there is no "the" in their name...