Jonesy Show Played "Tonight" With Guest, Actor Adam Sandler

MikeC

It might be re-aired this morning, wednesday, at 6:00 A.M., West Coast time. It was aired yesterday, tuesday on Indie, 103.1 F.M. I tuned in about an hour-and-a-half into the show. I said to myself, "That's The Raspberries!" And Adam is one of my favorite actors. He does comedy, on CD's, which is at the music stores.

After "Tonight" was played, Jonesy mentioned The Raspberries and said to Adam, something like, "That's Eric Carmen and The Raspberries. Sort of a Small Faces sound, like Steve Marriott." Then, Adam replied, "A beautiful voice". Jonesy said, "Yes."

On the show, they talked about Queen, and the "Seven minute song", back when.. Adam talked about The Beach Boys and Kiss. He even played "Patches", by Clarence Walker. And they talked about Gilber O'Sullivan's "Alone Again Naturally". Jonesy said that after hearing the song, you sort of felt sorry for the bloat and wanted to support him. Later, Jonesy said, "Let's play your favorite band-Journey".

They are having a holiday party, wednesday night, at The Friars Club, in Beverly Hills. This is where The RatPack- Sinatra, Davis, Jr. and Martin, used to go sometimes, Jonesy said.

You're right, Craig. I should have noted that. It's a song hardly played on radio here, but it sounded like a new CD when I heard it.

Adam has been in movies:

With Jack Nicholson (Anger Mangagement). He plays a business man sent to anger management school with an agressive instructor. And, Paz Vega(Spanglish), where he plays an executive chef who falls in love with his Nanny.

Adam said that when he was in high school, one band like The Beach Boys were in; The next day it was KISS. If the band you liked one day was out, then you got beat up. His next movie is Click, summer of 2006 with quite a cast.

Friars is the place of some famous roasts to entertainers, that are on DVD now. There are incredibly funny.

Childhood story: My best friend Tony would always come to my place and we would go up in my bedroom and listen to 45's. One day Tony spotted my brother's Huckleberry Hound watch and decided to swipe it. My brother noticed it was missing and told my parents. Meanwhile Tonys parents found the watch and asked him where it came from and he fessed up to stealing it. The result was that Tony was banned from coming into my house for a whole year. During that period, my brother recieved the 45 of Patches and I loved it. Every day I would rave about it to Tony. I wasn't allowed to take it to his place so that he could hear it. He had to wait a whole year until he finally could come up to my room again to hear it. The wait was worth it . Tony loved it too.

That's quite a story, Craig. "Patches" is one of the greatest story songs, I think. Clarence talks on some parts of the song, and sings on others. The song brings tears to my eyes, just thinking about the lyrics about his father-"When he tried to get up, life would knock him back down" And, Adam Sandlar commented that Clarence wasn't affraid to sing close to the microphone. If you heard the song over the radio, you would have thought the recording was just done recently.It was that good. They do a great job putting songs on the airwaves at 103.1 FM.